wood4me
Gold Member

Post by wood4me »

:( :( sad day....:( :(
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

Nick:

This is terrible news! I'll have to admit that I noticed a lack of Company support for your week-end program last July, and this set me to wondering. Your leaving is a big loss for Shopsmith.

You have established "cutting edge" leadership in terms of internet woodworking education. I hope that you can continue doing this in some manner. I wish you the very best.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

8iowa wrote:Nick:

This is terrible news! I'll have to admit that I noticed a lack of Company support for your week-end program last July, and this set me to wondering. Your leaving is a big loss for Shopsmith.

You have established "cutting edge" leadership in terms of internet woodworking education. I hope that you can continue doing this in some manner. I wish you the very best.
I thought the same thing. You would think for an owners weekend the company brass would have been at the shop. Nick and Drew were on their own. They did a great job.
Thought it was odd they did not have a set up to sell tools. I had $600 in my pocket in case of a deal but could not even buy anything at full price and take it home. You had to order.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Shucks!!! I've got to say Adiós, Nick and Drew! God speed, and as you said - Keep in touch from time to time.

Your Academy and on-line efforts have been a boon to me as well as others. Personally, I know I wouldn't have an OPR if it hadn't been for your exposures of that SPT. Probably another thousand bucks of smaller items also fit into this category. I suspect my purchases will go down without the enticements of your Hands-on-Line education.

Well, now we will probably be reading some magazine articles from you.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Post by curiousgeorge »

This is a sad day for all Shopsmith owners. Good luck to you Nick and Drew and I hope we will see you again in the near future.
George
Ft. Worth, TX.
Go TCU Froggies
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

God bless you Nick and Drew. I have learned much from your efforts and was pulling for Shopsmith to regain momentum from your internet efforts which you have done with professionalism, wisdon and humor.

I hope to contact you both in another venue and will be looking for great things from you in the future. With your talents and optimistic outlook on things I'm sure you will both succeed at whatever you chose as your next endeavor.

My best wishes for both of you in the future. Here's hoping Shopsmith too survives to play another day. Losing you all will be like losing family.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

This is a very sad day indeed. For Nick, Drew, his crew, and Rick Davis too! I am wondering how long the forum will stay up. Nick was the moderator, and the worst thing is, Nick seemed like the only source of "inside" information for all of us. With Nick gone, who will replace him as moderator? And who will tell us what is going on at SS? I fear that it will seem business as normal and then, POOF! They will be gone. Just-in-case, I want to tell everyone here that I have enjoyed your input, have learned, and am happy that you have put up with me!:D Hopefully, those remarks are unnecessary, and this forum will be long-lived.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Wow!!!!!!
I didn't see that coming, although I did suspect something was up. I was hoping other changes were taking place but not this.
Nick and Drew you were greatly appreciated and we will miss you. I think Shopsmith will miss you.

People if you can't tell times are tough and Shopsmith wasn't in all that great shape going in. I hope they survive. Once again we need try to support the company besides this might be a good time to stock up on consumable supplies and any parts you might need.
Ed
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

Nick and Drew - I am shocked, disappointed and sad. The two of you have epitomized the SS motto of being "lifetime woodworking partner(s)". I wish you both the best in whatever you choose to do. You will be missed. And, I guess the rest of us better hold on!

Take care.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
davem1066
Gold Member

Post by davem1066 »

I just picked up this hobby and have 2 shopsmiths...just finishing restoration of my 54' greenie and appreciate the direct help from Nick.

Good luck Nick and I pray that Shopsmith survives...I love this machine!

Dave