Florida SS Owners

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jaxss
Bronze Member

Post by jaxss »

Hi all! I'm in Atlantic Beach -- that's just outside Jacksonville. I have a 10ER that has been sadly collecting dust in my garage since he passed away. I just started cleaning it up and this forum and the people here have been really helpful, so wanted to say hi to other Florida shop smith owners. I really am enjoying the shop smith. Even after 60 yrs, this thing runs strong and is built like a tank! I'll probably end up selling it soon to clear up room for my kids, but I'm enjoying it while I can and you may see me in here with a few questions. Take care!

Reed
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

Why not hold on to it to pass to your children and tell them that it was your Dad's? That thing is a family heirloom. Restoration will be a wonderful therapeutic time spent and you'll have a beautiful machine to pass on. In my opinion, you won't get the money from the market for it's worth or the family value. Hoping to see pix of your progress and complete restoration. :)

Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Glad to have all Floridians on this thread. Hope to see many more.
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D
lnrmiller
Gold Member

Post by lnrmiller »

I'm in Jacksonville on the southside, 'bout 15 minutes from the beach. MkV 520 with a PowerPro head, band saw, jointer, sander etc. I also have a SawSmith 2000 and other assorted shop goodies. Love to hear from other SS owners in the area.
Rick
Jacksonville, FL
MKV 520 PowerPro, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, SS2K
swampgator
Platinum Member

Welcome all

Post by swampgator »

I haven't reviewed this thread in months. Glad to see so many folks here and read the conversations. The trick is going to be able to recall your handles and about where you are. Again, welcome to everyone on this thread. Let's get together sometime.

:)

mrhart
Platinum Member

Post by mrhart »

All you Floridians(?) signed up in the other thread "ss search by state"? :rolleyes:
R Hart
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

MRHart, there is a link that I can't get it to work for the Floridians in the OP of the thread. I'm hoping that the issue is only me. Thanks for checking and sorry for being so late responding. :)

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

swampgator wrote:MRHart, there is a link that I can't get it to work for the Floridians in the OP of the thread. I'm hoping that the issue is only me. Thanks for checking and sorry for being so late responding. :)
Only the originator can update.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
billmayo
Platinum Member

Florida Shopsmith Owner

Post by billmayo »

lnrmiller wrote:I'm in Jacksonville on the southside, 'bout 15 minutes from the beach. MkV 520 with a PowerPro head, band saw, jointer, sander etc. I also have a SawSmith 2000 and other assorted shop goodies. Love to hear from other SS owners in the area.
I live in Plant City, FL (near Tampa, I-4, Exit 17) and as a retired hobby for the past 9 ½ years, I repair, rebuild and service Shopsmith 10ERs, Mark V & VII and 5-in-1 Clones (Total Shop, Wood Craft, Wood Master, etc) and their equipment.

If anyone have any Shopsmith wants, needs, questions, comments, concerns or just want to discuss Shopsmiths, I will be happy to respond to them.

Thank You. Have a great week.

Bill Mayo http://www.billstoolz.com

annbill.mayo@comcast.net (Email Address)
Bill Mayo bill.mayo@verizon.net
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
mrhart
Platinum Member

Post by mrhart »

swampgator wrote:MRHart, there is a link that I can't get it to work for the Floridians in the OP of the thread. I'm hoping that the issue is only me. Thanks for checking and sorry for being so late responding. :)

Think I got it sir
R Hart
jcraigie
Platinum Member

Post by jcraigie »

Don't hesitate to contact Bill Mayo, he is "the man" when it comes to fixing and repairing.
1984 Mark V 500 and an early 1954 greenie. jointer, belt sander, bandsaw, jigsaw, planner.

Jeff