Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

2centsworth
Gold Member

Re: 520 with Band Saw $500

Post by 2centsworth »

fredsheldon wrote:Need a 520. Check this out.
http://austin.craigslist.org/tls/4811108803.html
Fred
Now Fred are you going to let another great deal get away from you ? Less then 3 hours from you ? That is a quick day trip for you. Cleaned and service would be a great deal ! :)
Jerry Penny
2centsworth
The Woodlands, Tx
SS 520 SN#518424 2000 (reversed motor), Shopsmith 10 E (shorty) fully restored by Skip with DC motor, Shopsmith 10 ER fully restored by Skip with DC motor, Shopsmith 10 ER (under going restoration), Greenie Shorty sanding station, Greenie Mini jointer station, SS Bandsaw power station, SS Planner, SS overhead pin router, SS Belt Sander, SS Strip Sander,, SS Jigsaw, SS Dust Collector, Ringmaster, and still having fun looking for more !
2centsworth
Gold Member

Re: Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Post by 2centsworth »

2 Guesses who just bought the 520 for $500 bucks ! I will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. Fred would you like to come along to see what you missed out on ? I should hire you to search for me for these great deals ! :D
Jerry Penny
2centsworth
The Woodlands, Tx
SS 520 SN#518424 2000 (reversed motor), Shopsmith 10 E (shorty) fully restored by Skip with DC motor, Shopsmith 10 ER fully restored by Skip with DC motor, Shopsmith 10 ER (under going restoration), Greenie Shorty sanding station, Greenie Mini jointer station, SS Bandsaw power station, SS Planner, SS overhead pin router, SS Belt Sander, SS Strip Sander,, SS Jigsaw, SS Dust Collector, Ringmaster, and still having fun looking for more !
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

You gave Fred less than 40 minutes to respond to the first post of the day!!!! :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Waiting around on a bargain is a bad idea. I'm still kicking myself for some good bargains that I let get away.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

JPG wrote:You gave Fred less than 40 minutes to respond to the first post of the day!!!! :D
Knot really, since Fred is the one who posted the bargain. :D
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Post by fredsheldon »

Rest assured I wouldn't have posted that find if I really wanted it for myself. I knew that rascal from the other side of The Woodlands would jump on it if he really wanted it :)
Fred
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

A 510 for $600 OBO. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ ... 57146.html

Don't be fooled by the 500 extension table in this photo:

Study the jumble of parts in the third photo; I see a 510 main table/fence,a 510 extension table, at least one 510 floating table plus a band saw, scroll saw and strip sander. Also maybe a jointer. Many other bits and pieces.

Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

+ a second floating table, a shaper fence, a taper jig, a belt sander table(with sander[apart??]???), 500 extension table(sans mounting tubes), 500 rip fence, conical sanding disk(under the flat one), 500 miter gauge table extension, and other stuff I do not recognize.

Good deal fer sure!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

The scroll saw, strip sander, a couple of sanding discs and a whole bunch of disc sandpaper somehow made their way to my basement. I told the guy to relabel his ad as a 510 in order to attract more interest.

They're doing some interesting work in there, building some tables out of power equipment stands for a new bar several miles from me. I might just have to check out their work in the wild.
algale
Platinum Member

Free ER in Alexandria, VA

Post by algale »

Looks incomplete but free makes it a bargain, right?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ ... 27428.html