Florida SS Owners

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

Thank you, mrhart. I haven't checked it so I'll take your word. Thank you for putting that thread together and maintaining it. Great job and a handy index.

Yes, Mr. Bill Mayo is the man to contact for questions and repairs. I have one that he may get sometime soon. Still going through the steps he outlined and I need to evaluate if I can do it or just box it and send it. Thank you, Mr. Bill Mayo for all your info and assistance you so generously provide to all of us here. :)
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D
brokenotbroken
Bronze Member

Another Florida user

Post by brokenotbroken »

Hello everyone,

I'm in Fort Walton Beach, FL and just purchased a used Mark V, 510. I am super excited about this tool and once I finish cleaning and lubricating it, I will start to put it to work. The previous owner took great care of it so there isn't much cleaning I have to do. But, I figure I better clean and lube it now while the "new toy" feeling is still here and it doesn't seem like work, yet.

-david
1989 Mark V, 510 - bandsaw, jointer, DC3300
knottythumbs
Silver Member

Fort Pierce SS beginner

Post by knottythumbs »

Hi to all you Florida woodworkers. Good to hear we've got a few neighbors. I look forward to collaborating with you. I found my 500 on Craigslist a couple years ago and have gotten some good use out of it. I recently was blessed with a very clean/hardly used 510 from the ReStore, complete with all with whistles and bells, including many parts still in unopened packaging. I've prettied up my tubes and in process of getting to know more of its capabilities. I'm in process of working through my beginner status and look forward to finding time for the next project.
Knottythumbs
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

Welcome to the forums. And, so glad you have one of the greatest American engineered and built machines. Hope to see you posting questions and answers in other sections of this forum. Again, welcome aboard (pun intended). :D

swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

Just bumping for newbies in Florida.:D

swampgator
Platinum Member

Bumping

Post by swampgator »

Bump. . . bump

brick1
Gold Member

Post by brick1 »

Bill here from Titusville......still.....

still having to work eight a day so time in the shop is precious...

right now I'm building an r/c airplane for a grandson to learn on. as soon as I'm done with that, I'm going to finish the new workbench I started last year, and move on to some projects that are just screamin' to be started!!.

hope all is well with everybody on this forum!!!

take care, bill

Brick1
Titusville, Florida
polycarp
Gold Member

Another Florida SS Owner

Post by polycarp »

Hello fellow Floridian Shopsmithers! I am recently returned to Florida and live in Bluewater Bay near Niceville in the panhandle just across the bay from Destin and just east of Fort Walton Beach. I have a 1984 used 500 updated to a 520. My only SPT is a jig saw but I hope to remedy that shortly. Looking hard at upgrading to PowerPro as well. Loving life back home in the "Redneck Riviera"!
Mike
SS 500 upgraded to 520, SS 500 soon to be a shorty, Jig Saw, CI Band saw, 4 " Jointer, Dewalt 12" sliding compound Mitre Saw, etc.