Who would like to see Strong Tool Design brought back?

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

If the joint-matic was in production today under the Stong Tool Design ?

The old original Strong Tool Design was better than when it sold to Delta.
44%
22%
22%
11%

Total votes: 9

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

fjimp wrote:Sorry but I disagree. Do the math, that appears to be the number of people who voted. Jim

Hey it even says so in red border under poll results

"Voters: 8. You have already voted on this poll"
The number of views of this thread can be found at the far right while you are at the Beginning Woodworking page.

1193 when I captured this moments ago.

[ATTACH]20148[/ATTACH]

Ed
Attachments
ScreenHunter_46 Jan. 31 18.48.jpg
ScreenHunter_46 Jan. 31 18.48.jpg (9.74 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

reible wrote:The number of views of this thread can be found at the far right while you are at the Beginning Woodworking page.

1193 when I captured this moments ago.

[ATTACH]20148[/ATTACH]

Ed
I am not arguing the number of "views" What concerns me are opinions supporting over a thousand people desiring the product returning when only eight voted and even then not all were in favor. I for one am not upset with the thread. It has provided me an opportunity to learn. Learning is always positive. Still the number of views does not mean all have sufficient interest in seeing the product return. For me it is that simple. I apologize for my rant and will be silent. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

The joint-matic does something very well, especially things it was designed to do. It will do those thing better then the OPR. Like wise the the OPR has functions that it does very well. When you start doing a cross over of functions you get the gray area.

Yes the new OPR can do say box joints. The problem there is the travel under fine adjustment is quite small and you have to re-register to move your fine adjustment several times to do even a 3" joint. Joint-matic clear winner as you just crank away the full travel of the slider.

So yes you have overlap, for router guys like me that is what it is all about. I must have 20 ways of doing most operations and I love it.

Just like some people don't "get" the shopsmith some of you just don't "get" the joint-matic. It's OK you can still be a woodworker, perhaps a flawed one but still a woodworker.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

reible wrote:I believe I might have access to manual that came with the strong model (pre- shopsmith). I will check on that later tonight. I guess it could be loan out for educational purposes. I don't think it should posted here without permission.

If you can host the pdf let me know. One time offer............

Ed
Doing a clean out this afternoon so say good bye to this offer, it has expired.

Ed