VA ID Card

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

garys
Platinum Member

Re: VA ID Card

Post by garys »

dusty wrote:
Since so many have enrolled successfully, maybe you should check closer to home for the solution for this problem. What do you use as "proof of service"?
I'm using my DD214. That should be good for even an agency as incompetent as the VA.

Interestingly, a few months ago VA was able to find my records, and IDme verified my service and issued me an electronic ID Troop ID. But, today the VA site can't find anything that they had last winter.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Are you registered in DEERS and if so, have you updated that record? If DEERS is not up to date application for benefits of any sort is questionable.

As a side note: DEERS is not the VA.

There are numerous ways to do this but I use this site:

https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/

if not there, here:

https://www.archives.gov/forms/st-louis ... lowup.html
the later works only if you have made a request for records from the archives.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Blackjack
Bronze Member

Post by Blackjack »

It's interesting for me
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Re: VA ID Card - hallelujah

Post by wrmnfzy »

I have been trying since November 2117 to get my VA ID Card. I have jumped through a myriad of hoops including but not limited to credit bureaus, multiple initialed government organizations, submitting and resubmitting documentation and finally today July 2, 2018 it came in the mail. Will miracles never cease!
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

wrmnfzy wrote:I have been trying since November 2117 to get my VA ID Card. I have jumped through a myriad of hoops including but not limited to credit bureaus, multiple initialed government organizations, submitting and resubmitting documentation and finally today July 2, 2018 it came in the mail. Will miracles never cease!
You are doing better then I am, still have not gotten mine.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
moggymatt
Platinum Member

Post by moggymatt »

wrmnfzy wrote:I have been trying since November 2117 to get my VA ID Card. I have jumped through a myriad of hoops including but not limited to credit bureaus, multiple initialed government organizations, submitting and resubmitting documentation and finally today July 2, 2018 it came in the mail. Will miracles never cease!
2117? I knew the govment was workning on time travel! :)
Paul B
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

moggymatt wrote:
2117? I knew the govment was workning on time travel! :)
Oops!
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

OKAY. That is good!

What can you now do that you could not do before? What "proof of service" did you use before?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

reible wrote:It has been a few months since my last effort to get a card. Today things went farther then I have ever gotten on their system. I was able to submit my information, dd214, government ID, and a picture. It still has to get approved but baby steps have started again.

Hey I still maybe alive when my card comes!

Ed
The above was posted June 4th.

So July 4th came and went as did August 4th and still no card or word about it. A couple of weeks has turned to a couple of months. I wish they had been so slow sending me to Vietnam.......

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
bigk01
Silver Member

Post by bigk01 »

After reading this post I decided to apply for the Veterans ID. I served in the USN from 7-72 to 7-76. After jumping through all the hoops ( idme, photo of my drivers license, and photo of me)

I submitted the application on July 16, 2018. Received an e-mail “request pending”.
On Sept. 7, e-mail “approved”.
On Sept. 11, “sent to printer”.
On Sept. 12 “mailed”.
About Sept. 17, at my home, in my mailbox.

So at almost exactly 2 months time (lightning speed for our government) I have the ID in my wallet.

The ID is only available to Vet’s with “Honorable” or “Under Honorable Conditons” discharges.

As near as I can tell, Lowe’s Vet’s 10% discount is good on almost everything.
Home Depot, however, the 10% discount is for active duty and retired service members.
(Veterans on certain holidays)
99% of the cashiers at my local Home Depot will give the discount just for the asking.
On the few items I have compared locally, HD is ~10% cheaper than Lowe’s. Go figure.

BigK
1967 MK VII with Band Saw, 6 x 48 Belt Sander, Jointer and many small accessories
Ridgid Contractors Saw
Delta 9” RAS
2 DeWalt MBF RAS’s
14” Delta Drill Press