Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

skou wrote:http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/tls/4662119397.html

I thought I had posted this one earlier, but I guess not.

GONE!

A friend who saw my first Model 10, always wanted one, but I didn't know until I asked him if he would pick this one up for me, when I had the cash saved up.

No! But, we just got it for him. A fair amount of rust on the jointer, as well as the way tubes. Speedchanger center sheave needs work. Needs a new left leg, which I have spares of. Motor works just fine. Has the shaper head, with a few sets of blades.

steve
Rust? You call that rust? Heck, that would barely qualify as "patina" for those of us who don't live in the desert. ;)

Congrats on the great score for your friend!
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

[quote="BuckeyeDennis"]Rust? You call that rust? Heck, that would barely qualify as "patina" for those of us who don't live in the desert. ]

And, he's gonna see it as "patina." I'll not see him grind .010 off those way tubes to get them "shiny." If he's got issues, I've got 4 pair of way tubes.

This machine was outside, when we picked it up, and was also outside last Monday. (We only got 4 inches of rain, before breakfast, last Monday.)

Like I told my friend, if he's upset, he gets $200 from me, when I get the cash. GLADLY!

Stock (bog standard) Model 10. $150.00
4E Jointer, with headrest. $200.00 easy! (Maybe, $300)
Speedchanger, (this one needs some work) $100.00
Metal legs and casters, (casters need work, and a bent leg) $100.00
Extra bits and pieces. $75.00
Total price. $150.00!

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Well, since you've already got a bandsaw, how much you want for the spare?

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
lightnin
Platinum Member

Post by lightnin »

Here's a greenie for 90 bucks
Bruce

I didn't know what a Shopsmith was...
Three days later I owned one...
One week later I was rebuilding one...
Four months later I owned two....
Ok Ok, I'm up to four now...
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

lightnin wrote:Here's a greenie for 90 bucks
The current owner must be really height challenged!:rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

Not for me, I am just the transporter, for the nephew, he has a greenie, with a BS, but would like another SS, and the jointer. Band saw will get sold off I would think.
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Junk for $50

Post by fredsheldon »

What do you do when you have a piece of junk you are trying to pass off as a Shopsmith, you post fuzzy photos :)
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/tls/4675532821.html
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx
'52 10ER # 60869 (restored in 2012, used as a dedicated drill press), '52 10ER # 88712 (restored 01/2013), 52 10ER # 71368 (in process of restoring), '83 500 Shorty with OPR installed, '83 520 PowerPro with Lift Assist, 6" Joiner, 6" Belt Sander, 18" Jig Saw, 11" Band Saw, 12" ProPlaner, SS Crosscut Table. SS Dust Collector, Hitachi 1/2" router, Work Sharp 3000 with all attachement, Nova G3 Chuck, Universal Tool Rest, Appalachia Tool Works Sled.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

fredsheldon wrote:What do you do when you have a piece of junk you are trying to pass off as a Shopsmith, you post fuzzy photos :)
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/tls/4675532821.html
Looks like the dreaded Mark II.
idcook
Gold Member

Post by idcook »

algale wrote:Looks like the dreaded Mark II.
Yah. A fuzzy dreaded Mark II. LOL