Looking for instructions: 555435 Conical Sanding disc.

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jcritch
Silver Member

Post by jcritch »

Where may I download any instructions for this item?
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

I don't think there's a download for the instructions for the conical disc sander, but there's a free "Sawdust Session" (video) which shows how to use it. You can watch the video on the Shopsmith site here: http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/SS_Arch ... Sander.htm
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

What kind of info are you needing?
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

algale wrote:..., but there's a free "Sawdust Session" (video) which shows how to use it. You can watch the video on the Shopsmith site here: http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/SS_Arch ... Sander.htm
One word of caution: be prepared to ignore a reference to a 4 degree tilt. As far as I know there is no good, or other, reason to use the 4 degree figure. For one thing the 'tilt' is around 3 degrees, not 4, and one should always use a square to set the disc to table perpendicularity anyhoo, if accuracy is a concern (and to keep from getting bogged down in theoretical details).
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;
jcritch
Silver Member

Post by jcritch »

How is the table set, how would the fence or miter gauge be used . . .
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jcritch wrote:How is the table set, how would the fence or miter gauge be used . . .
The table is tilted so that it is perpendicular to the face of the disc(between 3 and 4 degrees)(assuming a square edge is desired)(verify with a square). The fence and miter gauge would then be used as normal.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jcritch
Silver Member

Post by jcritch »

Thanks for the great answers folks!

Have a great week!
=================================
Impeach ALL democrats!
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

jcritch wrote:Looking for instructions: 555435 Conical Sanding disc.

Where may I download any instructions for this item?
Still looking for info? I found my 4-page instruction for the CSD. Tried to upload a pdf copy but it wouldn't work (dunno why).
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;
backhertz
Platinum Member

Problem With Attaching PDF Files

Post by backhertz »

I've had no success in uploading anything since a couple of pics of my DVR motor for someone needing help installing DYI DVR upgrade over the weekend. I've made sure the file size is below the limit, but I still get error messages. I am assuming it is the user- not the system. I tried to upload a pic of the "New" Mark V Powered Planer yesterday off the back page of the 10/82 catalog which announced it- but had no luck and gave up. I use a MacBook. I was held hostage by Microsoft for many years until I broke free about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, everything I knew how to do on a PC was no longer applicable on the MacBook. The greatest thing was no "blue screens of death" anymore.

I also noticed some guys are able to include their pics in their posts. I simply see a link when I attach mine. I tried following the instructions on the sticky but still can't seem to copy and paste a pic in the middle, beginning, or end of a post.

So seeing this keakap's post below has me wondering if there is an issue with the web site as I was unable to upload a PDF file that was under 1 MB . I know there are times I just can't seem to log into the forum or even the Shopsmith home page. But it usually clears up in a day. I won't make any assertions that it's the web site.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it, does anyone know if there is an Apple application that is like "Paint" which is under Accessories on a PC? I sure miss being able to make a simple sketch. For all I know Apple has included something like it, but I'll be drawn & quartered if I can find it. Thanks.

Tony
One Greenie, Two Mark 7s,Three 510s and much more…
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

backhertz wrote:I've had no success in uploading anything since a couple of pics of my DVR motor for someone needing help installing DYI DVR upgrade over the weekend. I've made sure the file size is below the limit, but I still get error messages. I am assuming it is the user- not the system. I tried to upload a pic of the "New" Mark V Powered Planer yesterday off the back page of the 10/82 catalog which announced it- but had no luck and gave up. I use a MacBook. I was held hostage by Microsoft for many years until I broke free about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, everything I knew how to do on a PC was no longer applicable on the MacBook. The greatest thing was no "blue screens of death" anymore.

I also noticed some guys are able to include their pics in their posts. I simply see a link when I attach mine. I tried following the instructions on the sticky but still can't seem to copy and paste a pic in the middle, beginning, or end of a post.

So seeing this keakap's post below has me wondering if there is an issue with the web site as I was unable to upload a PDF file that was under 1 MB . I know there are times I just can't seem to log into the forum or even the Shopsmith home page. But it usually clears up in a day. I won't make any assertions that it's the web site.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it, does anyone know if there is an Apple application that is like "Paint" which is under Accessories on a PC? I sure miss being able to make a simple sketch. For all I know Apple has included something like it, but I'll be drawn & quartered if I can find it. Thanks.

Tony
OKAY, now I am confused. Do you like Apple/MAC or do you not. It seems like maybe you are a little bit disappointed about how things are working.

Does this help?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.