DC3300 bag installation

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

drewa
Gold Member

Post by drewa »

One more thing to think about insofaras composting you dust. Walnut, for example, is a natural herbicide. It may keep the soil moist, however, it will kill anything under the pile. I am sure there are other species out there that do the same.

Be good,

Drew

ps. walnut should not be used in horse stalls either, it "burns" their hoofs.
"When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way - before one began."

[INDENT][/INDENT]Friedrich Nietzsche
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Hi Tony - Sorry for the delay, but I've been gone for a couple of days - just catching up! \

I have the newer style metal band (with the part (tongue) that's supposed to protect the bag from the screw tightener missing). Although that part of the band is gone, it has worked good. I put the clamp in the back, over the big fold. Also use another folded piece of plastic (from one of the part packing bags) that I tuck in behind the clamp for "tongue replacement" cushioning.

As far as installation, I do use the clips. First folding over the bag twice to give a little strength, then sliding the folds under the clips. I do the front clip first, then, pulling the bag taught sliding under the rear two clips. This leaves the extra size of the bag sticking out behind. From here, I can make the fold and slide up the metal band, tuck in my folded baggie and tighten.

The part of my system I like best is; I can loosen the band, fold out the excess in back and remove some sawdust. This is done if I'm in the middle of a project and want to finish before taking the time to empty and clean the 3300. The back can be removed and the bag stays put because it is held up by the clips.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA