Shopsmith Truck (I just want the decals)

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

greitz wrote:Just a caution- the ad says:

"...These trucks are made-to-order for customers such as Shopsmith "

Note the "such as", which indicates to me that Shopsmith buys the trucks from a 3rd party, and just adds the Shopsmith decals.

Still a cool truck, even if not Shopsmith-manufactured.

Gary
I would bet that Shopsmith orders them from 3rd party with the decals on them, and they are shipped from the 3rd party.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
brick1
Gold Member

Post by brick1 »

I just finished hand cutting some SS Decals out of stop sign material. it really reflects light!!!! did several sizes and my inlaw now has one on his SS......I'm going to cut a different size for the bandsaw. No, I'm not selling them because of the copywrite issue......but i can give them away.....

Brick1
Titusville, Florida
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

How about some pictures. You know we like pictures. :D
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

brick1
Gold Member

Post by brick1 »

they will be comin' your way!!! just have to get the lighting right or it will only be a blob of sunlight in the pic!!!

need to cut a few more.......I can do colors too......some transparent for the back window of your kick-m-up truck?? green, blue, orange and black like a Harley thingy.....gold......white.....silver and the standard reflective red...

I do this for fun and it keeps me out of trouble.....and i get the scrap material from local sign shops....I can make some of different sizes, but i'm limited by the local copy machines and the bigger the more tape it takes....htere's also a small limit due to my ability....

take care, bill

Brick1
Titusville, Florida
brick1
Gold Member

Post by brick1 »

OK, here's a couple of pics of my spare time cuttin' with an Xacto.....this material is used for street signs and reflects light really great!!!

If somebody can really use one, the wait time isn't too bad.......just need an address to send to....color is important too!!!!

the indain larry sticker has transfer tape over it or it would light up also....

the pink Harley sticker isnt reflective.....

take care, bill

Brick1
Titusville, Florida
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

You all do know that you can print your own decals on a printer hooked up to your computer. All you need is the decal paper made for this. I have a bunch of it for making decals for my model railroad equipment. Since the paper is standard 8.5x11 you can make a decal up to that size.

Just download a Shopsmith logo to your computer and paste onto a blank page in software such as printshop/printmaster/photoshop and even MWord, or any other software that allows you to import graphics/photos and then print them. Adjust the logo to the size you want, load the decal paper in your printer and push print. EasyPeasy!

You can order the paper from MicroMark Tools. Just go to www.micromark.com and do a search for decal paper. For the SS logo I would suggest the WHITE decal paper so the Shopsmith lettering will be white when you apply the decal to something. The clear paper makes white lettering clear because common printers don't have white ink. They sell decal paper for all kinds of printers (inkjet/laser/copiers) so everyone's printing style is covered.

Hope this helps those of you wanting to have Shopsmith decals for your tools and vehicles.
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Talking about Shopsmith decals. Check this out.Shopsmith Logo Sticker Sheet $9.50: Standard Shipping $6.99.
Joe

heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

joedw00 wrote:Talking about Shopsmith decals. Check this out.Shopsmith Logo Sticker Sheet $9.50: Standard Shipping $6.99.
I would hazard a guess that that is the exact same set of logo stickers used on the pedal car. :)

(Which, btw, is the pedal car no longer available? I just get a page not found error now.)
Heath
Central Louisiana
-10ER - SN 13927, Born 1949, Acquired October 2008, Restored November, 2008
-10ER - SN 35630, Born 1950, Acquired April 2009, Restored May 2009, A34 Jigsaw
-Mark V - SN 212052, Born 1986, Acquired Sept 2009, Restored March 2010, Bandsaw
-10ER - SN 39722, Born 1950, Acquired March 2011, awaiting restoration
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

It looks like Shopsmith will sell you the stickers you want.
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... ickers.htm
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

(Which, btw, is the pedal car no longer available? I just get a page not found error now.)
The email support page was archived, but the pedal car is available through http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/pedal_car.htm.

I'll add a link from the current specials page to keep it findable.

Thanks
Shopsmith I.T.