Presentation: Belt Sander Fence

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

STB
Gold Member

Presentation: Belt Sander Fence

Post by STB »

I recently purchased an extremely abused belt sander and am in the process of trying to make it at least functional. It's beyond making pretty. I have watched the sawdust session on tuneing up the beltsander but there is another vidio on using the fence I can't make the vidio play Any suggestions? Do I need to download an additional player?http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Tips_Archives/SST102_Belt_Sander_Fence.htm
Glenn
I create problem solving challenges and opportunities for design modification, not mistakes.

SS 520 born 04/16/03, Power Station mounted Band saw , Scroll saw, Jointer, Belt sander, Overarm router, dedicated Mark V drill press, SS Maxi-clamp system, Shopsmith woodworking bench
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

stumpbuster wrote:I recently purchased an extremely abused belt sander and am in the process of trying to make it at least functional. It's beyond making pretty. I have watched the sawdust session on tuneing up the beltsander but there is another vidio on using the fence I can't make the vidio play Any suggestions? Do I need to download an additional player?http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Tips_Archives/SST102_Belt_Sander_Fence.htm

Hope that is temporary - I got the same result. It has happened before!

Try again later.

IIRC that is about making a larger fence using the miter gauge and a 'board'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Post by fredsheldon »

Wow, great restoration. Thanks for sharing.
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx
'52 10ER # 60869 (restored in 2012, used as a dedicated drill press), '52 10ER # 88712 (restored 01/2013), 52 10ER # 71368 (in process of restoring), '83 500 Shorty with OPR installed, '83 520 PowerPro with Lift Assist, 6" Joiner, 6" Belt Sander, 18" Jig Saw, 11" Band Saw, 12" ProPlaner, SS Crosscut Table. SS Dust Collector, Hitachi 1/2" router, Work Sharp 3000 with all attachement, Nova G3 Chuck, Universal Tool Rest, Appalachia Tool Works Sled.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Just tried the link and it is not working for me....

Ed
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

When will the Shopsmith museum be open to the public?
STB
Gold Member

Thanks JPG

Post by STB »

I appreciate the assembly tips. It didn't occur to me to check past form posts.:o
Glenn
I create problem solving challenges and opportunities for design modification, not mistakes.

SS 520 born 04/16/03, Power Station mounted Band saw , Scroll saw, Jointer, Belt sander, Overarm router, dedicated Mark V drill press, SS Maxi-clamp system, Shopsmith woodworking bench
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

db5 wrote:When will the Shopsmith museum be open to the public?
Tis a WIP!:D:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Ron309753
Gold Member

Post by Ron309753 »

Some time ago all of the Sawdust Session Google videos went away due to some problem with Google. The Sawdust Session videos were fixed, but not the ShopTip videos. I told Dave about it a week ago, but I will post a note to Admin in the Community Forum.

Fortunately the videos are still available on YouTube. The plans, if there are any, can still be downloaded from the blackboard.

Here is the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbdM-bs8j-g

Sincerely,

Ron309753
Sincerely,

Ron309753
STB
Gold Member

Thanks

Post by STB »

Ron309753 wrote:Some time ago all of the Sawdust Session Google videos went away due to some problem with Google. The Sawdust Session videos were fixed, but not the ShopTip videos. I told Dave about it a week ago, but I will post a note to Admin in the Community Forum.

Fortunately the videos are still available on YouTube. The plans, if there are any, can still be downloaded from the blackboard.

Here is the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbdM-bs8j-g

Sincerely,

Ron309753

Thank you for the solution to my question.
Glenn