Band Saw Fence

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jonesuh
Gold Member

Band Saw Fence

Post by jonesuh »

i got an email on the Kreg up grade band saw fence---on sale ---anyone have this?----opinions?---thanks
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jonesuh wrote:i got an email on the Kreg up grade band saw fence---on sale ---anyone have this?----opinions?---thanks

No, I don't have one and I don't know of anyone with problems with one. But I have a question.

What do you think the Kreg Fence will do for you that is not done by the standard Shopsmith Bandsaw Fence?

I'm just curious.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Is the resaw guide compatible with the Shopsmith fence?

BPR
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

ryanbp01 wrote:Is the resaw guide compatible with the Shopsmith fence?

BPR
The Kreg resaw guide is not compaible with the shopsmith fence. The Kreg fence offers minute adjust ability and the resaw fence made resawing possible for this dummy. I seem to remember having to also replace the bandsaw table with a larger shopsmith table which is also pleasing to use. Would I buy it again yes in a heartbeat. Was it worth the investment, yes every cent. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
wasatch
Gold Member

Post by wasatch »

I have a Kreg bandsaw fence on a Delta bandsaw that works great. The upgraded Shopsmith fence is a Kreg in disguise, just different color and badge.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

fjimp wrote:The Kreg resaw guide is not compaible with the shopsmith fence. The Kreg fence offers minute adjust ability and the resaw fence made resawing possible for this dummy. I seem to remember having to also replace the bandsaw table with a larger shopsmith table which is also pleasing to use. Would I buy it again yes in a heartbeat. Was it worth the investment, yes every cent. Jim
If I understand correctly, you have and like the Kreg Bandsaw Fence System sold for use on a Shopsmith Bandsaw. That fence system provides micro adjustability and resaw capability.

If one buys this Kreg Bandsaw Fence System, the standard bandsaw fence is not used.

If that is true, might you be interested in parting with your fence.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

dusty wrote:If I understand correctly, you have and like the Kreg Bandsaw Fence System sold for use on a Shopsmith Bandsaw. That fence system provides micro adjustability and resaw capability.

If one buys this Kreg Bandsaw Fence System, the standard bandsaw fence is not used.

If that is true, might you be interested in parting with your fence.
Dusty,

Please check PM. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
benush26
Platinum Member

Post by benush26 »

Curious how much drift can be set using this fence.
I have the old table and plan to use the SS miter gauge in the east west slot and a tall fence for resaw and rig some sort of bolt to gently lush the miter bar / gauge forward little by little for thin cuts.
Since fences are designed to be parallel to the blade, how much (and how difficult would it be) to match skews?

I have the opportunity to upgrade the table but since the new ones don't have that east west miter slot, I'm not anxious to see what I have to create for resawing.

Thanks,

Ben
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

jonesuh wrote:i got an email on the Kreg up grade band saw fence---on sale ---anyone have this?----opinions?---thanks
Ditto with F. Jim Parks, I love it especially for resawing and for making very small adjustments. I used it to fit 12x12 tiles in two very large floating floors and the scale made the job very fast.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

benush26 wrote:Curious how much drift can be set using this fence.
I have the old table and plan to use the SS miter gauge in the east west slot and a tall fence for resaw and rig some sort of bolt to gently lush the miter bar / gauge forward little by little for thin cuts.
Since fences are designed to be parallel to the blade, how much (and how difficult would it be) to match skews?

I have the opportunity to upgrade the table but since the new ones don't have that east west miter slot, I'm not anxious to see what I have to create for resawing.

Thanks,

Ben

The fence system has a draft adjustment feature and all the Kreg accessories fit.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC