Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

For larger turning projects

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

I'm not sure it's for our Shopsmiths. They's threads in the center hole.:D

steve
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Wow 6 feet!

Ed
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

As Homer would say, "D'oh!" :D

Didn't even look at the fine print.

steve
joedw00
Platinum Member

Listing changed

Post by joedw00 »

Check out the face plate now I emailed him and he has changed it now. Here is his reply:

Dear joedw00,
Thank you very much for the heads up and you are right this is not a Shopsmith face plate.

It came in what must be the original box to a shopsmith because its got the factory stamp in red shopsmith 6" faceplate 505591.
The face plate up for bid came to me in that box and fits in there perfect. The plate up for bid is 6inches.

Again, thank you much!

- dillion1978chevy
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

joedw00 wrote:Check out the face plate now I emailed him and he has changed it now. Here is his reply:

Dear joedw00,
Thank you very much for the heads up and you are right this is not a Shopsmith face plate.

It came in what must be the original box to a shopsmith because its got the factory stamp in red shopsmith 6" faceplate 505591.
The face plate up for bid came to me in that box and fits in there perfect. The plate up for bid is 6inches.

Again, thank you much!

- dillion1978chevy

Interesting!

Not only an intelligent response from a seller, but apparently it IS possible to change a listing 'title'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

More accurate but a lot less fun now.

Ed
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

reible wrote:More accurate but a lot less fun now.

Ed
Yes it would have made a large bowl for sure.:D :D :D :D :D
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
peterm
Platinum Member

Post by peterm »

I think it is actually a 6" drive (also called "dog") plate for a metal lathe. Looks like the ones that fit my 1.5" x 8 tpi South Bend lathe spindle. Here is a pic of one in use from an old catalog:
[ATTACH]21145[/ATTACH]
Attachments
drive plate in use.jpg
drive plate in use.jpg (60.98 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
Peter
a 510,a Mini, dedicated SS drillpress, SS spt's, home made SS belt grinder, SS piston air system, Southbend 10k lathe, mill/drill, Taig
donalexander
Gold Member

Post by donalexander »

Well, I wondered about the 6' part based simply on the nominal shipping cost (about $5 as I recall). I could see that shipping for a 6" part. Besides, at 6' diameter the weight would be in the hundreds of pounds. I agree with Prmindartmouth as to what it actually is.
Don

Mark V (bought new, now sold), Model 520 (1989 510 upgraded)
Bandsaw, Jointer, and Planer
1951 Magna Engineering 10ER (restored for lathe use and sold)