The Ultimate Sawsmith Radial Arm Saw Thread

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

Re: The Ultimate Sawsmith Radial Arm Saw Thread

Post by stephen_a._draper »

I am searching for a place that will make custom v belts for the Sawsmith Radial Arm Saw. Price will depend on quantity ordered. Depending on interest I may order a large quantity and sell them. Contact me at Stephen_A._Draper@msn.com.. if you are interested.
DonFBAH
Bronze Member

Post by DonFBAH »

I see where you are considering ordering some of the 14 3/8” OC x 11/16” W x 5/16”T drive belts for the Sawsmith Radial Arm Saw. Did you ever order them? Are you selling any?

Thanks
stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

I have not been successful finding anyone to make them for me. I found two belts that were parted out from people selling their Sawsmith for parts. The two belts are in good condition. Good luck.
PH7000000
Bronze Member

Post by PH7000000 »

Hello. If you still have the Sawsmith RAS. Would it be possible to take some photos, or show a video on how the wiring is routed from the on/off switch, to the motor?

I have a Magna 7000000 that I cannot seem to get it routed properly, and I do not see anything online to help. I also sent this message to the Youtube "Sawsmith speed control problem" comment section.

Thanks
Sinjem
Bronze Member

Post by Sinjem »

Hi, new to the forum just bought a sawsmith that has virtually been un used. The coil cord up in the arm, going from the switch to motor has hardened over the years and lost it's elasticity. Anyone know where I could find one?

Regards Doug
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I don't have a SawSmith, but there are a number of companies that manufacture coil cord. Just Google "coil cord", and you'll find some vendors.
stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

The part number you need is 503098 Wire-Coiled; however, the Shopsmith web site does not show this as a current valid part number. You might call customer service to see if they have any left.
Sinjem
Bronze Member

Post by Sinjem »

Thank you
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

stephen_a._draper wrote:The part number you need is 503098 Wire-Coiled; however, the Shopsmith web site does not show this as a current valid part number. You might call customer service to see if they have any left.
If they did(which I strongly doubt), it would likely be dry-rotted.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Kidsmoke
Bronze Member

Post by Kidsmoke »

1st post. What an amazing thread to come across. I have a pristine example of this saw, and reading what condition folks have been dealing with I feel fortunate.

Unfortunately it's no longer getting any use, which is the worst thing for it. I'm in the Indianapolis area. Would like to find it a good home.

I could not find a "for sale" sub forum, and I don't wish to violate the rules here. Let me know if I should list this elsewhere.