ShopSmith factory store

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cincinnati
Platinum Member

ShopSmith factory store

Post by cincinnati »

With all the changes I noticed the factory store has closed. Is there any plan to reopen it in the future? Anytime I needed something my brother and I would make the one hour trip from Cincinnati just for the ride. If no plan to open the store. Will some kind of will call pick-up door be offered for product ordered on the internet?
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Take a look at the next to last paragraph in Nick's post (the third one in this thread)
http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1254
Looks like they are going to sell the building. If you want to know more, search out the forum. There has been much discussion over the store. I feel sorry for you guys near Dayton. Now you are in the same shape as the rest of us. At least the National Academy is still there for those who can get to Dayton.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

charlese wrote:Take a look at the next to last paragraph in Nick's post (the third one in this thread)
http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1254
Looks like they are going to sell the building. If you want to know more, search out the forum. There has been much discussion over the store. I feel sorry for you guys near Dayton. Now you are in the same shape as the rest of us. At least the National Academy is still there for those who can get to Dayton.
It was my understanding that they are selling off the front half of the building and using the back. Last time I drove by the factory and saw the "Available" sign my heart dropped. I was on the dock once and it was huge. The building is much larger than one would think. Guess the reason for the down size. I would guess it was large to support the retail stores in the 80's and 90's.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I think I recall reading that you can call ahead and do a pick up at the door but I don't recall who had done it or where it was posted.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]