Accessory storage

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Accessory storage

Post by rcplaneguy »

Decided to make some mobile dolly storage for the belt sander, jointer, bandsaw, and strip sander. All move easily around the shop. Wish I had made these earlier. Totally under the 510 in front, and add very little in depth at the rear. ImageImageTop View
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Welcome and great first post! A unique and very functional approach.

Al
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

camerio
Platinum Member

Post by camerio »

Very nice idea. I may use it ....
Welcome to the forum and you may upgrade your profile so we know in which area of the world you live ... it will appear on the right corner of your post.
Nice pictures, everybody here will like your post if you keep at it with pictures like that.
Camerio
MarkV 520 & Band saw
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Each SPT on a separate 'cart' - interesting approach.:cool:

Also interesting main table rail/jack screw details.:confused:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Even more amazing is the 'ad' at the end!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
claimdude
Gold Member

Post by claimdude »

rcplaneguy wrote:Decided to make some mobile dolly storage for the belt sander, jointer, bandsaw, and strip sander. All move easily around the shop. Wish I had made these earlier. Totally under the 510 in front, and add very little in depth at the rear. ImageImageTop View
Great idea! However, for these 58 year joints getting down to pick up that joiner wouldn't be too difficult but getting back up would near impossible ;-)

Jack

520 PPro and other assorted SPTs
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

[quote="claimdude"]Great idea! However, for these 58 year joints getting down to pick up that joiner wouldn't be too difficult but getting back up would near impossible ]
Seems(an assumption) you need more 'recent' practice!:D

Start with a strip sander and work yer way up!:)

Then start going overhead(pressing?) it!:rolleyes:

Wait til those joints reach diamond jubilee age.;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

One thing to remember AGE

When I was young picking the jointer off the floor where I had set it was no problem. Today if I tried the rescue squad would have to be called.

Likewise in the day I was able to store my jointer on a shelf about head height. Today if my jointer was up there it would be as a permanent trophy.

What I'm saying as you think of storage ideas think about how that storage idea is going to work in a few years. Today I keep the jointer at about the same height it is when it is on the SS. That way I don't have to go any real lifting to change it from use to storage.

Before you think I'm old and frail I can still carry two 80 lb bags of salt at one time to my water softner. Although admittedly not as easily as I once did it. That said I will confess and say I usually buy 4 40 lbs bags and carry only 2 of those at a time.:D
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Ed in Tampa wrote:One thing to remember AGE

When I was young picking the jointer off the floor where I had set it was no problem. Today if I tried the rescue squad would have to be called.

Likewise in the day I was able to store my jointer on a shelf about head height. Today if my jointer was up there it would be as a permanent trophy.

What I'm saying as you think of storage ideas think about how that storage idea is going to work in a few years. Today I keep the jointer at about the same height it is when it is on the SS. That way I don't have to go any real lifting to change it from use to storage.

Before you think I'm old and frail I can still carry two 80 lb bags of salt at one time to my water softner. Although admittedly not as easily as I once did it. That said I will confess and say I usually buy 4 40 lbs bags and carry only 2 of those at a time.:D

Yes I am thankful every day I can still do what I can.

But I do notice the things that are less 'easy' and try to work on those things before they are lost completely.

I may be 'old' to some, but 'frail' to none(few?:D).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝