Shopsmith Catalog, 2008

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Shopsmith Catalogs

Post by dusty »

woodburner wrote:If you received a Father's Day or Holiday catalog in 2007, you received one, as only the cover was different.

Ok, if you say so.

As for 2008, the company doesn't start putting them out there until about May of each year. It's been that way for several years now.

I purchased from a 2008 catalog at the TA in January.

Just make sure you have a catalog request on the mailing list now, because they only mail out a certain number of them each year, as they are trying to cut back on expenses.

Everytime I talk to Customer Service they comment about how many times I am on the mailing list.

Their mailing priority usually starts with owners who frequently order Shopsmith products on a regular basis, then to those who have put in a request for one months in advance, then to the Traveling Academy (how I got one in 2007) and the Home Center demos.

My experience does not bear this out.

So, just be patient. And if your lucky, you will get one during the first mailngs of the year.

Maybe
I didn't know that I could modify a quote but I think I just did.

If I am really lucky, they'll get the catalog up on line as a downloadable PDF complete with an Illustrated Parts Breakdown of all Mark 5s and SPT and keep it current.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

As for ordering from a 2008 catalog at a TA seems odd to me. They just now have begun to finish up on printing the 2008 catalogs. What does the cover look like?
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

I would be willing to say that I have received most of those already listed; however, I toss the sales catalogs when they expire, so I can't be certain. The one that stands out as not being on Dusty's or Ed's list, that I received about six copies of, is the 2006 Mark V Accessory Catalog. Got a new one with almost every order through 2007!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Nick wrote:The 2008 Catalogs won't go to press for another month or so.

With all good wishes,
Looking forward to it Nick. I order mostly from the internet, but I really like having a catalog to hold and search through. Looking through the paper catalog helps me decide what to get, but then I go to the On-Line Catalog to place my order:D .
Tim

guvnuh4
Gold Member

Post by guvnuh4 »

a1gutterman wrote:Looking forward to it Nick. I order mostly from the internet, but I really like having a catalog to hold and search through. Looking through the paper catalog helps me decide what to get, but then I go to the On-Line Catalog to place my order:D .
This was kind of the place that I'm in, I've never actually purchased something straight from SS yet as I'm pretty new to the whole ordeal, but I would certainly like the opportunity to look at all of the bells and whistles that I drool over online in my hands and side-by-side (tabbed browsing, while a WONDERFUL innovation, just doesn't seem to cut the mustard for me when purchasing power tools...).

But I love shopping online and the abilities that the Email Specials gives me to constantly check on prices without feeling the need to pester customer service semi-diurnally...
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Nick wrote:The 2008 Catalogs won't go to press for another month or so.

With all good wishes,
Anybody got the catalog yet? Nick posted this on Feb 24, 2008, nearly 3 months ago, and I have received several shipments from SS in the last couple of months, but no 2008 cat. yet. Haven't received the printed version of the Father's Day sale cat. yet either.:(
Tim

kalynzoo
Platinum Member

Post by kalynzoo »

I'm really happy with the online ads and catalog. Given the cost of printing and mailing I would not object to signing out of the mail list, as long as it would not compromise my online connection.
Gary Kalyn
Kalynzoo Productions
Woodworking
Porter Ranch/Northridge
Los Angeles, CA
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Yes, it is a good thing that there is a calalog on line because I haven't received any hardcopy catalogs this year. No, I received a Sanding Sale Catalog.

Nick's scheduling techniques are sort of like mine - those tasks that are "right now" get done, those that are "next month" ....well next month.:rolleyes:

Woodburner says we shouldn't be looking for them yet - SS doesn't even start putting them out until May and Woodburner knows.:rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

I am torn on this printed catalog question. I am capable of using the online catalog. Unfortunately I have reached the age when that small print on my laptop makes my eyes tired as does the backlighting on the monitor. Thus I don't spend as much time dreaming.

Okay I could just print one out. No way, my business printing costs are killoing my budget. I refuse to spend all that paper and ink for a printed catalog.

On the other hand I really do like a printed catalog I can drag along in my briefcase and make endless lists of my "Wish List."

Then again if I don't have a printed catalog I will spend less money on shopsmith accessories. Hmmmmmmmmm that may not be all bad, especailly with retirement looming just around the corner. Jim :( :rolleyes:
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

I just have the catalog tatooed to the back of my eyelids. Saves a lot of time.

With all good wishes,