Power Station finally arrived

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

texomawood
Gold Member

Power Station finally arrived

Post by texomawood »

Well after my fire last year I ordered my power station. Months and months went by with excuse after excuse, but no power station. But it finally came last week. So after returning from a business trip I was able to set it up today.
First thing I noticed was that another part was put in the box (saved money on shipping) but without any packing. So I have a large area where the paint is worn off.
Then the casters are missing, I have instructions and fasteners but no casters. (Yes I ordered them.)
Then I noticed that the legs which caused the delay are painted a very light gray and the base and unit is the dark gray that MkV's are now painted.
The last thing was some fasteners were slot head and some were Philips. What???? Come on. And the nuts were black.
The unit seems to run okay. It is the little things that are holding Shopsmith back. Attention to detail.
chris jay
Gold Member

Post by chris jay »

As in new? Who ever put that together needs to quit smoking weed! That's bad
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I would not accept it at least not at full price.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
alisfair
Gold Member

Post by alisfair »

darn i have 2 nice power stations used but in super shape for 225 each at least on has casters. wish u were in michigan :(
camerio
Platinum Member

Post by camerio »

alisfair wrote:darn i have 2 nice power stations used but in super shape for 225 each at least on has casters. wish u were in michigan :(
Wish I was in Michigan ...
Camerio
MarkV 520 & Band saw
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

camerio wrote:Wish I was in Michigan ...
Wish that I needed this stuff ... http://dayton.craigslist.org/tls/4132798371.html

Great deal. Nearby. No need. :(
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

camerio wrote:Wish I was in Michigan ...
Yer closer to MI than Chris!:D

Closer to 'St Paris' also.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange