Anyone insterest in writing a Shopsmith Review

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Anyone insterest in writing a Shopsmith Review

Post by paulmcohen »

LumberJocks.com is looking. Go to your workshop, pick one of your tools, snap 1-3 photos of that tool and post your personal review to extend their growing collection of the real reviews by real woodworkers.
And what makes it special, you ask? As you know, Leap Year Day is February 29th and is added to the calendar every four years (with few exceptions). So here's the deal - out of all Leap Day review posters we will have 4 random winners of a very special $29 gift certificate. This chance only happens once in every four years!
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
bkhop
Gold Member

Post by bkhop »

8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

I've been fairly active on Lumberjacks for the past few weeks. This is definitely the realm of the "stand alone" guys. When one poster asked for opinions on a table saw for his one car garage space I was the lone recommender of a Shopsmith. Last Saturday I attended a "get together" of some of the forum members. Out of about twenty guys I was the only one with a Shopsmith. About the only comment I received regarding my choice of tools was, "Oh. I guess it can do a little of everything".

We can and should do more writing and posting of pictures. I would love to do this if I can ever get my garage remodeling done here in Gainesville. Right now I'm in a shameful mess.
bkhop
Gold Member

planer review

Post by bkhop »

john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

bkhop:

You hit on a thought I had recently but you went one step further and put it into action.

In all the discussion on what Shopsmith should do to improve sales etc., we have all talked about the basic machine and all the add-ons. But the SS accessories all come as "stand alones " as well, or could be used with the power station.

Perhaps this should be a focus for those who believe in "stand alones".

Again, good job in putting this into a great review!

John
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

bkhop wrote:http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/156

here's my first review
Well done bkhop:) .
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.