Icons

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Emoticons

Post by dusty »

I just visited ridgidforum.com and found an emoticon there that I believe would really get used if it was available on this forum.

If you are interested enough, you can go there to see it yourself. I'd be will ing to bet my Shopsmith you won't have any trouble deciding which one I am referring to.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

Do I win a prize?

[ATTACH]954[/ATTACH]
Attachments

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

Well, I seem to have seen a few strange things in there. And trying to get it into here proves that I guess I did not pay enough attention to the image posting thread.

Paul, remind me how you got that image embedded in your post.

Paul
Attachments
smile-us-down.gif
smile-us-down.gif (876 Bytes) Viewed 13137 times
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Holy Cow Batman!

Post by a1gutterman »

Dusty,
I am new at this forum thing. In fact, this SS one is the first I have ever visited. Now, through the SS forum, I have been introduced to several others, but this one takes the cake, so far, when it comes to the Smilies.
They have something for every occasion. I am not sure which emoticon you were talking about, so I guess you owe me your Mark V, eh?

How about this one? Image

But, if you did not click the "more" button, you did not see all of them, so maybe you mean this one: Image ? If so, I guess you get to keep your Mark V after all. I need to use this one a lot: Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

paul heller wrote:Well, I seem to have seen a few strange things in there. And trying to get it into here proves that I guess I did not pay enough attention to the image posting thread.

Paul, remind me how you got that image embedded in your post.

Paul
Hi Paul,
I just use the copy/paste ability for these emoticoms. Image (It works:D )
Tim

paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

paul heller wrote: Paul, remind me how you got that image embedded in your post.
Paul

First I saved the picture on my hard disk, then I used the paperclip to upload the picture on the forum. Finally I used the arrow next to the paperclip to select the picture.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

dusty wrote:I just visited ridgidforum.com and found an emoticon there that I believe would really get used if it was available on this forum.

If you are interested enough, you can go there to see it yourself. I'd be will ing to bet my Shopsmith you won't have any trouble deciding which one I am referring to.
Dusty,
Did you know you can put live links in your posts? For instance your link above could look like http://www.ridgidforum.com or it could look like this. I downloaded the help page to my desktop so I could always refer to it quickly.

Bruce
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I see that Ridgid uses the same board software, but a higher version (SS is at 3.5.4, Ridgid is at 3.6.8). Maybe Shopsmith could upgrade to the latest version and get some new features.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

bruce,

I am VERY SLOWLY learning some of those tricks but it'll take awhile.:confused: I came to this forum what you could probably call computer network illiterate on second thought maybe even computer illerate.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Bruce wrote:Dusty,
Did you know you can put live links in your posts? For instance your link above could look like http://www.ridgidforum.com or it could look like this. I downloaded the help page to my desktop so I could always refer to it quickly.

Bruce
Hi Bruce,
I have been trying to figure out just how to do that. I can easily post the link as an address, but how in the world do you substitute the address with a single word or other object? Kindly help me out here.

Thank you,
Tim