New Power Pro coming!

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Hi Chris!! DID YOU GET IT? DID YOU GET IT??

Hopefully you're so busy messing with your new toy, there's no time to tell us.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Arrgh!!!!! No, Fedex tell me Wednesday by four, but we'll see. I have my doubts, It's been that kind of week..... Been watching the tracking online, has me worrired, no real movement since Friday.... Time for some more Tums! I have cleaned my shop cleaner that any shop should be for this machine!
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Look at the bright side! That Wednesday should be tomorrow! Interesting they predict delivery by 4. Have a good day tomorrow, and don't pace around too much. Maybe a day of studying wood characteristics or something engrossing will help pass the time.

I suppose you have already fully planned out where everything will fit when it gets delivered.

Have a good day Wednesday - breathe deep:)
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

So when FedEx did not show up today I called them and got a surprised "didn't anyone call you yesterday? The truck caught fire and everything was destroyed" response! I am now one cranky @ss. I called Shopsmith to report this and it was news to them. Now the fun starts (not). Best case is wait another month or more, worst case- insurance litigation.
benush26
Platinum Member

Post by benush26 »

ChrisNeilan wrote:So when FedEx did not show up today I called them and got a surprised "didn't anyone call you yesterday? The truck caught fire and everything was destroyed" response! I am now one cranky @ss. I called Shopsmith to report this and it was news to them. Now the fun starts (not). Best case is wait another month or more, worst case- insurance litigation.
So if there can be a bright side, I'd find out what FedEx does with the contents of that truck. I would guess if it doesn't go to a landfill, some scrap yard might get it. See if you can salvage any tables, etc. for a penny or less on the dollar as spares or such.
No, I know it isn't any consolation. Just not certain how to make any of this a silver lining situation.

Sorry!!!

Be well,
Ben
benush26
Platinum Member

Post by benush26 »

Could this be it?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mifflinb ... 8702180425

Part way down on the right side of the page.
wilsond
Bronze Member

Ordered Mine

Post by wilsond »

Ordered mine Sunday online since the standard motor quit on mine and they tell me it's out of stock and might be shipped in 1 to 2 weeks, maybe.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Sorry, Man. I feel your pain.

Have you contacted Shopsmith?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

dusty wrote:Sorry, Man. I feel your pain.

Have you contacted Shopsmith?
Yes, I did, and their response was "huh?". They had not heard (suprised?). They did promise they would take care of it. Just frustrating...
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

ChrisNeilan wrote:So when FedEx did not show up today I called them and got a surprised "didn't anyone call you yesterday? The truck caught fire and everything was destroyed" response! I am now one cranky @ss. I called Shopsmith to report this and it was news to them. Now the fun starts (not). Best case is wait another month or more, worst case- insurance litigation.
I guess they couldn't use "the dog ate my homework" excuse. Good luck with this.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!