Dust Collection Video

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

[quote="dusty"]"If your Internet provider is one of those that blocks us, there's nothing we can do -- it's up to you."

My ISP is AOL. The Spam filter is set to Medium. I have the Spam filter set so that ALL messages identified as Spam are sent to a Spam Folder so that I can see what is being identified as Spam. I delete those that are Spam]

Comcast has a different policy, they just send an automated reply to the sender with instructions on what to do if the message is not SPAM.

If there is a human at the other end, the human can follow the instructions and resolve the issue. If it is a mass mailing most likely the message is never read and you never get the message. Since I just got o the free shipping announcement and I seem to always get Nick's videos I don't think the problem is I have been dropped from the list.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

paulmcohen wrote:Comcast has a different policy, they just send an automated reply to the sender with instructions on what to do if the message is not SPAM.

If there is a human at the other end, the human can follow the instructions and resolve the issue. If it is a mass mailing most likely the message is never read and you never get the message. Since I just got o the free shipping announcement and I seem to always get Nick's videos I don't think the problem is I have been dropped from the list.
Hi Paul,

I know we have been over this before, but my ISP has a place for me to give them a list of senders that I want to receive e-mail from always. ShopSmith is on that list. I get about 80% of my ShopSmith e-mail just fine. About 20% is marked as SPAM by my ISP, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO SEND THROUGH ALL MAIL FROM SS. If you are not getting ALL of the e-mail that you think you should be, isn't it possible that your ISP does the same thing?Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

fjimp wrote:Nicks latest Video was announced last evening. Titled Dust Collection. It didn't play last night and isn't there this morning. Knowing Nick it will show up today. Jim
I watched about half of it. That is because after half of it plays it locks up just like all the other SS videos I try to watch:( .
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
osx-addict
Gold Member

Post by osx-addict »

I had fun last night watching a few SS videos that are loaded up on YouTube.. I watched a few of the demo shows and some alignment videos.. They should come in handy for later today when I get mine.. I've not yet tried to watch any of the SS video tips yet..