One solution to problem ISPs

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

paulmcohen
Platinum Member

One solution to problem ISPs

Post by paulmcohen »

If it is true that Shopsmith offers everyone the same email specials, why doesn't Shopsmith advertise their specials on the forum. I understand that the mailing list might have 100X more names so I am not recommending you stop the emails. Just include the deals here as well. Shopsmith runs an add on the top of the forum anyway but it is to attrach new customers and I would bet the vast majority of the people on the forum are already customers so use the banner ad to have the same deal as the email.

I am sure Shopsmith has click through rates for the banner ads here, they should try running the specials and compare the rates.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

That sounds reasonable. How about it Doug (admin)?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

The E-mail specials are now listed on the owners page. I don't see why everyone can't make it a habit to check there daily for the latest specials. That way Admin doesn't have to take time away from his efforts to build a better website.

I have put the owners page in my "favorites" and every so often I just click on it to see what new offers might be available.
However I do think E-mail is probably a better way to hit the most number of people.
Ed
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

That must be a recent development. That should be helpful for those that have a hard time receiving all the e-mail.Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
eldyfig
Gold Member

Post by eldyfig »

paulmcohen wrote:Shopsmith runs an add on the top of the forum anyway but it is to attrach new customers and I would bet the vast majority of the people on the forum are already customers so use the banner ad to have the same deal as the email.
That makes perfect sense to me.
curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Post by curiousgeorge »

How about simply scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on "Shopsmith Owner Page"? ;)
George
Ft. Worth, TX.
Go TCU Froggies
psargeant
Gold Member

Post by psargeant »

If I scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Shopsmith Owner's Page" it takes me to the personalized owner's page and the e-mail specials are not listed there. They are however at the top of the non-personalized owner's page. This would seem to be the solution to the problem I addressed in a recent thread regarding my not receiving e-mail specials for the past several weeks despite having made no changes to my computer settings and disabling spam blockage by my ISP. I hope Shopsmith continues to post these specials at this location. It would also seem to be a way of circumventing ISP blockage which Shopsmith has no control over and it would seem to me to be much easier for the webmaster to modify one area of the webpage instead of sending out an e-mail announcement to every e-mail address on what must be an ever increasing e-mail list.
By the way, the current special is free shipping for orders over $150 which I intend to take advantage of.
Sarge
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I have another idea to get around the spam problem. Open a free mail account on something like Juno, Google, Hotmail, Yahoo and give Shopsmith that address. These sites will send you everything as long as you have the sender's id in your address file and even if you don't in some cases.
Ed
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

[quote="curiousgeorge"]How about simply scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on "Shopsmith Owner Page"? ]

I never saw that, thanks. Unfortunately the specials are not on the page.

Of course Shopsmith could make the owners page an RSS feed and not require me to check.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC