Sales tax

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jbillups
Gold Member

Post by jbillups »

Dick I was unaware of that. Thats the problem with typing out of fustration, I made uneducated statements. Now whos the jackass??? Me!
RobertTaylor
Platinum Member

Post by RobertTaylor »

let's shake hands and perhaps even become friends. i have an old owners manual if you are interested. it contains very little info compared to the newer manuals. only has about a dozen pages. the same info can be obtained here for free. bob

http://www.songofthegreatlakes.com/ssheadstock.htm has much more info than the early manual
Bob
1954 greenie, 1963 anniversary edition now a mini,
1984 500, 1985 510, 1987 510, pro-planer, bandsaw, dust collector
dickg1
Gold Member

Post by dickg1 »

Jbillups,
We are all entitled to make whatever points we want. To paraphrase Dusty in one of his posts, "We are all part of a family, in this case the ShopSmith family". That is a salient point about this Forum. No one feels the need to mouth off to anyone person - we state opinions not rants.

Since you are a brick layer, I was told one time that the bricks weigh about 5 pounds in the morning and about 25 pounds in the afternoon. How come they gain so much weight?
Dick
jbillups
Gold Member

Post by jbillups »

dickg1 wrote:Jbillups,
We are all entitled to make whatever points we want. To paraphrase Dusty in one of his posts, "We are all part of a family, in this case the ShopSmith family". That is a salient point about this Forum. No one feels the need to mouth off to anyone person - we state opinions not rants.

Since you are a brick layer, I was told one time that the bricks weigh about 5 pounds in the morning and about 25 pounds in the afternoon. How come they gain so much weight?
Dick
lol...

if I am laying brick, I am a very happy man.

in california we mostly do block work... and they seems to weight about 75lbs by the end of the day lol...

they get heavy to me because as a young journeyman I refuse to let the older guys lay more than me... but some of those older guys are just really fast w/minumal effort. *shrug*

my trade is loosing alot of its prestige. its littered with boozers and druggies. its very sad
scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

Jbillups I hope you find work soon. When you lack income things don't look good around you. The brick layers around here work on schools and colleges and a little trim work around houses, needless to say there aren't many masons left around here. I had a friend who dad had a company that did all the schools around here well that can only last so long. My friend finally got into computers and now works at a college.