Sawdust Session #15 Postponed

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Continous snow for 24 hours, winds at 20 mph gusting to 35, ice-covered roads, unplowed side streets and parking lots (including Shopsmith's), Level 2 and 3 snow emergencies everywhere, overturned snow plows -- yes, snow plows -- and to top it off, the weather is getting worse. The snow is forecast not to stop until 4:00 pm EST, then the wind will pickup from what they are now. I called Drew and told him not to come in. He might be able to run the weather gauntlet like I did, but the real question is whether we will be able to get back home.

We'll do this session next Saturday, March 15, 2008, at the same times: 9:00 am EST and MST, God willin' and the crick don't rise. I don't think anyone's going to end up in a snowbank if I don't show you how to set up the molder until then.

With all good wishes,
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

Wow. Drive safely back home, Nick!

Paul
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I think I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms!!!!!! I need my sawdust session fix :D

Yes Nick get home safe and stay there! Sound like fun ya all up there in the north are having. I guess I will just have to sit back by pool and drink up some sun.

Just kidding the temperature here is falling like a rock and the wind is blowing anything that isn't nail down away. I had to go out this morning and the wind was strong enough to blow my truck from one lane to another. I can only imagine the fun if there was ice also.
Ed
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

Nick!

"God willin' and the crick don't rise."

With all this 15+inches of snow melting next week. (50's in the forcast) lets hope for the best.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

So, the crick just might rise!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

Tim, that's a pretty good emoticon in your post right there.

Paul
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

paul heller wrote:Tim, that's a pretty good emoticon in your post right there.

Paul
Thanks Paul, check them out here: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Visitor-Registration/ Just register, and post a comment. Just like our site, they will give you an opportunity to use emoticons. They have two or three that SS does not have (click on "more". I am able to copy/paste them to this forum).
Tim

tenbears
Gold Member

Post by tenbears »

Heck Nick, that's not even close to a good Alaskan Blizzard, and 20 to 35 mph winds aren't even a good breeze. Granted we had rain last night but winds across Kodiak Island yesterday were 35 knots sustained gusting close to 60 last night.
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

tenbears wrote:Heck Nick, that's not even close to a good Alaskan Blizzard, and 20 to 35 mph winds aren't even a good breeze. Granted we had rain last night but winds across Kodiak Island yesterday were 35 knots sustained gusting close to 60 last night.

But I guess you volunteered to live there, for those that live in places that usually don't get snow we are not prepared. Two years ago I want on a day trip to California, Portland had an inch of snow with freezing rain. I could not get back home for 6 days. The airport does not even own a snow plow, I guess it all depends on what you are used to.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

I am just ass u m(e) ing that we who registered for the Sawdust Session that has been postponed are still registered. Am I right? Or do I need to reregister?Image
Tim