Sawdust Session #15 Postponed

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Well, I hope that the registration was transferred forward to the 15th. I thought about it and decided to check out registration; actually, I was going to attempt to "reregister". Not a chance. The March 15th Sawdust Sessions are both (FULL).

I sure hope that all forty of these registrees are active Shopsmith Users and that we will see them all on a regular basis in upcoming Sawdust Sessions and on the forum. The more the merrier.:)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

dusty:

As I will be traveling to Baltimore this week-end, I emailed Shopsmith to cancel my reservation for the 3/15 sawdust session. this should open up another slot if it hasen't already been filled.
jbooher
Gold Member

Post by jbooher »

I also was wondering if we are still registered. Maybe Shop Smith could send an email to the registered members for this Saturday.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

jbooher wrote:I also was wondering if we are still registered. Maybe Shop Smith could send an email to the registered members for this Saturday.
ImageHi jbooher,
Thank you for joining the forum. As Dusty said:
dusty................ The more the merrier.
:)
What part of the world do you hail from?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
jbooher
Gold Member

Post by jbooher »

I live in Edmond Oklahoma. Have been a Shopsmith user for about two years. My interest is in general woodworking and turning.
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

Looks like session 15 was a bust. I logged on right before thunderstorms went thru my part of TN and just got to start watching it when I lost my internet provider for about an hour plus. When I finally got back on, the video & audio of session 15 was not there and the chat section was talking about problems, so it looks like we will have to wait for the archives to become available. Can't believe the bum luck on this session. By the way, I did get an email reminder about this session as I was originally signed up for the one that got canceled due to the snow last week.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

So can anyone say what happened this morning with Sawdust Session #15? I signed on and everything started out great, but, once again, they had some technical difficulty. This time it had something to do with the company doing the broadcast, and not ShopSmith. After more then an hour, I signed off, as I had to prepare for a cub scout event. Can someone tell me if they ever went back "on the air"?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Tim, I don't know for sure but I don't think so. I logged back in at what should have been about 2/3 the way through and there was no audio or video. The chat room was still active but the chatter left me to believe the problem was not resolved.

I went back to building new rail systems out of 510 parts and scrap material around the shop.

SWMBO declared "no spending" till the taxes are paid; so, there wil no spending. I want to eat!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Hey Dusty,
You got till taxes are paid. That is greate:) After the TA I got not until you get me a new car SHMBO.:rolleyes:
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
Don13535
Silver Member

Post by Don13535 »

Did session 15 ever go on. I can't make the regularly scheduled times so I look forward to seeing it one or two days later. Today is the 18th and I can't seem to view it. I really enjoy the sessions and hope they continue. Session 15 has several items that I am anxious to see. I have had trouble with the assist lift. So your whos is timely for me.

Keep up the good work and I hope to enroll in the acadamy some time this summer.

Don13535