Dating

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

reible wrote:Hi,

I hadn't got nearly as far in the thinking as a lot of you have. While I still haven't finished my plans I did think about go the signature iron idea for things I don't want people to think I made.[ATTACH]1034[/ATTACH] Below is a sample of that one:

[ATTACH]1035[/ATTACH]

Sorry I just couldn't resist [ATTACH]1033[/ATTACH]

3d
I'm sorry that you feel that way 3d. Image Now look what you've gone and done]http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/images ... s2/sad.gif[/IMG] Now really Ed, whatever project that you make, feel free to put my signature on it. I am sure it will be something to be proud of. Image

Edit: Interesting graphics Ed. I especially like the one designated as 1035!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

a1gutterman wrote:I'm sorry that you feel that way 3d. Image Now look what you've gone and done]http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/images ... s2/sad.gif[/IMG] Now really Ed, whatever project that you make, feel free to put my signature on it. I am sure it will be something to be proud of. Image

Now that you've seen it I change it to a real post... just had to see what emoticons you had that I've not seen yet. I guess now I know. Anyway thanks for letting me indulging... Now I owe you a couple.

Ed

Please note post 20 has been modified, please go back and read.
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
flashbacpt
Gold Member

Dating: One more option

Post by flashbacpt »

My two cents worth: I also have a branding iron that I use on everything, but there are times that I would like to leave a more personal message on something that I made.
I recently discovered the Dremel Electric Engraver that allows one to engrave on metal, glass, wood, plastic and ceramics. The kit that I purchased came with a small lettering/number guide.
However, at least for me, I had to practice a lot on scrap wood before I became comfortable with it. I use blue painter's tape (to keep message straight) as a guide to line up what ever lettering guide that I am using. I then trace out the message directly on the wood, remove the tape and then use the engraver.
One then can fill the lettering with a very fine tipped pen, apply a finish over it, and it should last more than a lifetime.:)
Also, the cost factor is low. I believe that I caught a sale (can't remember where!) for under twenty dollars.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

That is a novel idea flashbacpt. I have an engraver. I think that I will give that a try.Image
Tim

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

reible wrote:Now that you've seen it I change it to a real post... just had to see what emoticons you had that I've not seen yet. I guess now I know. Anyway thanks for letting me indulging... Now I owe you a couple.

Ed

Please note post 20 has been modified, please go back and read.
Hi Ed,
There are a few emoticons available that I don't think I would post on a public forum like SS. I am kind of surprised, and even disappointed, that they are available at Ridgid's site.
Tim

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

reible wrote:.................The first thing that comes to mind is a grain of wheat pattern like I did on the saw cane. The general pattern would be there but the details become "art" and the "signature" is a makers mark. Anyone following this?................Ed
Hi Ed,
I think that is a good idea. Image If your work becomes famous, having a "mark" that is familiar to those that "know" about you would be a nice legacy. Image
Tim