How to get a pix suitable for the forum?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

How to get a pix suitable for the forum?

Post by charlese »

Earlier, I tried to post a photo of my first pens. The photo was snapped with my iphone. I can transfer the photo to my lap top with windows 8. From here in the "Pictures library" (came with my lap top) I have a problem finding a free site where I can get a URL that will work with the windows 8 version of the forum.

The windows 8 version of the forum has different icons along the top of the message window. There is no paper clip and there is an icon that allows the user to insert an image, provided there is a URL. There is another icon that allows the user to "insert a link". I haven't tried this one.

Still have to take a look at photobucket or picasa. Will try these as time allows.

signed - computer non-enlightened charlese:confused:
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

I just got Windows 8 and this is what I get. I just saved it to pictures and clicked on the paper clip and downloaded it. It looks the same to me as Windows 7 did.

[ATTACH]24618[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Fourm.PNG
Fourm.PNG (19.87 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

joedw00 wrote:I just got Windows 8 and this is what I get. I just saved it to pictures and clicked on the paper clip and downloaded it. It looks the same to me as Windows 7 did.

[ATTACH]24618[/ATTACH]
Ahhh! Another micro-soft generated anomoly. You using IE?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

I'm too uneducated to post what looks like a copied page, but here's a link that should give you the window I see. I'm missing the entire top line of icons you have.

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/newrepl ... 1&p=164782
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

I use:

http://www.irfanview.com/

Free and works great for a lot of things .... :)
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

charlese wrote:I'm too uneducated to post what looks like a copied page, but here's a link that should give you the window I see. I'm missing the entire top line of icons you have.

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/newreply.htm?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=164782
Neato! A link to 'reply to topic'! Isss a puzzlement!:D

P.S. Looks the same to me. No icons 'missing'.:confused:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rjent wrote:I use:

http://www.irfanview.com/

Free and works great for a lot of things .... :)
Chuck seems to be experiencing a Windows 8 'feature'.:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

charlese wrote:Earlier, I tried to post a photo of my first pens. The photo was snapped with my iphone. I can transfer the photo to my lap top with windows 8. From here in the "Pictures library" (came with my lap top) I have a problem finding a free site where I can get a URL that will work with the windows 8 version of the forum.

The windows 8 version of the forum has different icons along the top of the message window. There is no paper clip and there is an icon that allows the user to insert an image, provided there is a URL. There is another icon that allows the user to "insert a link". I haven't tried this one.

Still have to take a look at photobucket or picasa. Will try these as time allows.

signed - computer non-enlightened charlese:confused:
Charles try the app "picasa web albums" from the apple App Store. I think I paid a tiny bit for it, but it is absolutely great with the iphone.
John
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

JPG40504 wrote:Ahhh! Another micro-soft generated anomoly. You using IE?
I am using FireFox
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

joedw00 wrote:I am using FireFox

As am I, but I was curious what Charlese was using with Windows 8.;)

I quoted the wrong post!:o
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝