Pictures (a request)

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

osx-addict
Gold Member

Post by osx-addict »

reible wrote:Hi,

Yes the information is hidden away but not all camera generate that information. None of the camera's I own do.... but I wish they did. When I go camera shopping again that will be something I look for.
Ahh.. Mine is a Nikon D70 (older by today's standards but still a Digital SLR)
Rick
S/W of Los Angeles, CA
1983 Mark V model 510 (SN#140061)
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

dusty wrote:Ed in Tampa,

Gee fella, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rattle your cage like that. It is just that not all of us are photographers and woodworkers. I am neither. I just happen to own a camera which I hope to learn to use and I have a garage full of woodworking equipment. That garage has been full for nearly twenty years but that doesn't mean I have been a woodworker for that long. Just a Shopsmith owner without a digital camera.

By the way - I don't post those dark pictures anymore. I learned how to delete them before they get into my post.

Do you know that sometimes you can't delete a post. I experiment now and then posting and occasionally, once it is there, you can't delete it. Moral - don't post it if you don't want it to be seen.:rolleyes:

Hi Dusty,

You may not be able to delete the post (not sure why you can't??) but you should be able to edit it. Click edit then click "go advanced". If you have pictures you no longer want posted just go to manage attachments and put in your new picture and remove the old one, or just remove the old one.

It should work.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
osx-addict
Gold Member

Post by osx-addict »

reible wrote:Hi Dusty,

You may not be able to delete the post (not sure why you can't??) but you should be able to edit it.

You can delete it if you stumble across the right function.. Below are the steps to delete a post (note that I believe that after a certain amount of time you can't do this anymore as you can't edit them either):
  1. Once the original post has been posted, select "edit" below the newly added post.
  2. Once the edit window comes up, below it will still be a "Edit" button (beneath where you're editing).. Press it again.
  3. A new window loads up and at the top somewhere it indicates that you can delete the message by selecting an option.. Follow those directions and you should be good to go..
Rick
S/W of Los Angeles, CA
1983 Mark V model 510 (SN#140061)
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Dusty and Reible
I wasn't talking about either of your pictures or any one else on this forum but on some "other forums " pictures seemed to be abused to the point it is sickening.

Also someone mentioned that when pictures are embedded in the post it can really impact dailup users. How quickly we forget! I was a dail up user and I can remember those days. I recind my whole post. Sorry!

Teach me to shoot my mouth off!

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

osx-addict wrote:You can delete it if you stumble across the right function.. Below are the steps to delete a post (note that I believe that after a certain amount of time you can't do this anymore as you can't edit them either):
  1. Once the original post has been posted, select "edit" below the newly added post.
  2. Once the edit window comes up, below it will still be a "Edit" button (beneath where you're editing).. Press it again.
  3. A new window loads up and at the top somewhere it indicates that you can delete the message by selecting an option.. Follow those directions and you should be good to go..

Hi,

Just went back a year and found one of my posts... it can still be edited no problem. What else was intereting was that while I have 800 + posts the search came up with 500. Must be some limit in the software??

What you see on the edit page also depends on your settings at "Message Editor Interface"

The way I'm set up it says "go advanced" not the second edit button.

Dusty what do you have for your "Message Editor Interface" setting???

BTW I think the default for seeing post goes back a year and if you want to be able to see them you have to change that to "see all".

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Dusty and Reible
I wasn't talking about either of your pictures or any one else on this forum but on some "other forums " pictures seemed to be abused to the point it is sickening.

Also someone mentioned that when pictures are embedded in the post it can really impact dailup users. How quickly we forget! I was a dail up user and I can remember those days. I recind my whole post. Sorry!

Teach me to shoot my mouth off!

Ed
Hi,

What post??? We must have missed it. Nope never happened.

Dusty and I knew you were not talking about our great stuff but those other guys.... you can still be upset with them.

Ed
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa;

I was just pulling your chain Ed. I do not get offended by comments like those even if they are directed at me.

I demand the right to have and express my opinions and I give you and everyone else that same right.

I set out a while ago to take some new pictures that I intended to rotate in all different directions and then post but the battery in my camera went dead. Divine intervention maybe. Anyway, there shall be no foolish pictures posted by me.:rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

guvnuh4 wrote:When you embed images in your posts, you also have to think about those members that use dialup. If your image is roughly 1 MB, and it is in your post, then it could take a few minutes for pages to actually load. This isn't an overwhelming problem since most people have some form of high speed, but I also know that there are many out there that either don't get it because they can't justify it or they live out in the sticks so far that they can't even get it (again this becomes a cost problem as they could get satellite internet, but it's pretty pricey as well for what you get).

So there are pros and cons to both situations.

This is our secret plan for force the world to go to high-speed, really I am sorry but it has been at least 10 years since I have used dial-up and I sometimes forget. Hopefully WiMAX will solve your problem.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Ed in Tampa wrote:.................I like the picture in the post that way the picture is usually available if the post is......................Ed
If you have a look at the first post of this thread http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1233, at least right now, you will see that this is not always true. Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.