Shopsmith Model ER

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

theoldgringo
Bronze Member

Shopsmith Model ER

Post by theoldgringo »

Gentlemen,
About 10 years ago I took possession of a Shopsmith Model ER (SN: R65728)that my dad had used since the early '50's for virtually all types of woodworking, including furniture building, at which he was particularly adept. As a person in construction I maintain certain similar skills, but my finish work expertise ends somewhere at about the trim carpentry level and, the bottom line is, as good as this tool is, I have very little use for it. If there is a market for such an item, I am looking to find the right place to sell it. Can somebody point me in the right direction. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks............tog
paul269
Gold Member

Post by paul269 »

try ebay. there area several listed for sale
theoldgringo
Bronze Member

Post by theoldgringo »

Thanks. I guess that should have been my first approach.......tog
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Hi,

You might want to stop at:
http://www.ssug.org
they have a place to sell used shopsmith stuff and depending on where you are located and where the buyer might be will be a big deal as the machines are heavy to ship.

Good luck with the sale.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

I would use Craigs List. Also include the place you live. The Internet is a big place.
theoldgringo
Bronze Member

Post by theoldgringo »

Sorry I didn't get back to the thread sooner.

Thanks to all who replied. Your input has clarified my responsibilities. I'm in Lincoln, NE, about as close as one can get to the geographic center of the cont. U.S. and since it appears that most auction sales are completed with the buyer being responsible for moving the machine, the farthest anyone would need to travel is 1800 miles, or so.

Next step is to get some decent photos and get this sale under way.

Thanks again, everyone............tog