Mark VII

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

r_mack1969
Gold Member

Post by r_mack1969 »

Thanks JPG! I used elevator bolts from Lowes. I figured it would be a better rest than the normal hex head. I've heard about the issues with the drive belt. I've also seen posts where the Mark V belts will work all around. I take it this isn't true? Ebay has a seller that's saying they have Mark VII poly belts new for sale but I haven't checked any further on the drive belt. I'd like to at least get the poly belt replaced while the bearings are out, the drive belt can be changed easier than the poly belt.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

r_mack1969 wrote:Thanks JPG! I used elevator bolts from Lowes. I figured it would be a better rest than the normal hex head. I've heard about the issues with the drive belt. I've also seen posts where the Mark V belts will work all around. I take it this isn't true? Ebay has a seller that's saying they have Mark VII poly belts new for sale but I haven't checked any further on the drive belt. I'd like to at least get the poly belt replaced while the bearings are out, the drive belt can be changed easier than the poly belt.
He sells the same belt for either one! I conversed with him, and the demand for the MVII belt is not likely enough to justify his up front costs. I assume his belts are good.

The motor/idler shaft is 2" further apart in the MVII, so a M5/V motor belt is 4" too short.

A while back SS was providing a 'current' belt version and that led to much discontent here.

I do not understand why the belt manufacturers state the belts are .53" wide, when they are actually less than 1/2". A lot of metric/imperial converting/rounding/truncating(hand waving) going on with no regard for reality.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
r_mack1969
Gold Member

Post by r_mack1969 »

I didn't realize the Mark VII belt was 13 ribs to the 9 on the Mark V's. I assume that they would both work relatively the same as long as the length is the same. It'd be nice to find a 13 rib one though. I did check the SS site and they're at $22.80 not including shipping. The Ebay seller is asking $24.95 with free shipping. I guess it's a toss up. I work for an ExxonMobil distributor and deal with a lot of auto parts stores. I guess I'm going to have to work my contacts to try to find a drive belt that works.
r_mack1969
Gold Member

Post by r_mack1969 »

JPG, the belt off the Mark VII is #507490. Below is what I've found online...

Cross Interchange Parts

Factory Number

OE 507490
CHRYSLER 754140
GM 3926830
GATES 6830
GATES 6J59
DAYCO 49579
DAYCO 50597
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

r_mack1969 wrote:JPG, the belt off the Mark VII is #507490. Below is what I've found online...

Cross Interchange Parts

Factory Number

OE 507490
CHRYSLER 754140
GM 3926830
GATES 6830
GATES 6J59
DAYCO 49579
DAYCO 50597

Check the length on those! 30":(

outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts enter 30.5 and ".5-.6"
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dgreen810
Gold Member

Mark VII

Post by dgreen810 »

Robb

I am glad the little lever plate solved your problem. I have a complete lever, plate and all that was given to me available, as well as the blower assembly less the fan ( I sold mine on eBay). if you can use any of these pieces, let me know. The outlet housing on the blower has a piece broken off but could be repaired.

I also have the motor if someone can use it. The wire insulation was gone and I replaced them all the way to the stator as best as I could. If someone can use it. It's heavy so I will not eat the shipping ;)

Don G
squashfest81
Gold Member

Post by squashfest81 »

I'm just glad we have two Mark VII gurus on the belt search. Keep posting.
Mark VII
e.friedl
Gold Member

Post by e.friedl »

If Robb isn't interested in the lever assy. please let me know.
Ed
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

e.friedl wrote:If Robb isn't interested in the lever assy. please let me know.
Ed
I gotta ask! Lever assembly???

If no one else goes for the motor, e-mail me.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

r_mack1969
Gold Member

Post by r_mack1969 »

Hi Don,

PM me on what you have for Mark VII! I'm interested!