Calling All Shopsmith Users

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

admin
Gold Member

Calling All Shopsmith Users

Post by admin »

We Have Big News And You Are The 1st To Know.

Shopsmith is Going Social!

We look forward to getting the big news out to hundreds of thousands of our Shopsmith users. But, before we tell everyone, we need to ask for your help!

As a special group of Shopsmith Users, we want to ask you to help populate the content on our Social Media Networks.

Where you can help:

[INDENT]1) Like Us on Facebook and Google+;

2) Follow Us on Twitter (Don’t forget to Tweet & Re-Tweet);

3) Add Pictures of Your Best Creation made with a Shopsmith on your Favorite Social Media Network;

4) Alert us to Great Woodworking Articles posted on the Shopsmith Forum for re-Posting by using #/(hashtag)Shopsmith;

5) Share other great social media ideas by emailing shopsmith@pronity.com
[/INDENT]

Please post or submit your information for posting by July 11th. We will send out an email officially announcing Shopsmith Social Media shortly thereafter.

Thank you for your help & we look forward to sharing!

Dream It! Build It! Share It!
Shopsmith I.T.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Admin, is this just for Mark series ShopSmiths, or can us Model 10 series ShopSmiths take place?

Oh, if you think I'm disparaging Mark series ShopSmiths, you're wrong. I've adapted quite a few pieces to my Model 10 stuff, and would have NOT been able to, if the later model parts were not available.

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

10e/10er are certainly part of the heritage. Projects made with them were made on a Shopsmith and are welcome to be shared.
skou wrote:Admin, is this just for Mark series ShopSmiths, or can us Model 10 series ShopSmiths take place?

Oh, if you think I'm disparaging Mark series ShopSmiths, you're wrong. I've adapted quite a few pieces to my Model 10 stuff, and would have NOT been able to, if the later model parts were not available.

steve
Shopsmith I.T.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

skou wrote:Admin, is this just for Mark series ShopSmiths, or can us Model 10 series ShopSmiths take place?

steve

Just in case you don't already know, there is a shopsmith users group for 10er already in existence. You have not yet joined???

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shopsmith-10er/165163650191590
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

It would appear Admin also experiences the 'did I submit already' self doubt due to less than speedy indication that one already has indeed done so.:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
benush26
Platinum Member

Post by benush26 »

[quote="admin"]
4) Alert us to Great Woodworking Articles posted on the Shopsmith Forum for re-Posting by using #/(hushtag)Shopsmith]

So does "hushtag" mean we are supposed to be quiet about it? :p

Well yes, I am a smart ass! Why do you ask? :D

Be well,
Ben
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Just tried to sign up on Facebook but I can't do it. It requires a separate E-Mail address just fer me. My wife and I have only one E-Mail address and the site won't let us share. Sorry Shopsmith.
Bill V
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

wa2crk wrote:Just tried to sign up on Facebook but I can't do it. It requires a separate E-Mail address just fer me. My wife and I have only one E-Mail address and the site won't let us share. Sorry Shopsmith.
Bill V
Please explain. My wife and I have only one email address and I am on Facebook while she is not.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

+1 It asks fer an e-mail address. Who is telling it your wife also uses it also?

If it already knows. RUN !!!!

Brain flash! She is already on facebook! So sign in as 'her'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Dusty
My wife is on Facebook but I am not. When I tried to sign up to Facebook and I tried to use the E-Mail acct it said that the E-Mail was already claimed. They said I had to open my own E-Mail acct and they did not allow two people to use the same E-Mail address.
If your wife tries to join, she will not be allowed unless she does so with a different E-Mail.
Bill V