They stole Nick's method.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

They stole Nick's method.

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Check out http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/resou ... index.html
It is apparently something put together by gorilla glue showing the threaded rod method of applying glue. This is the method Nick demonstrated a few weeks ago in a Saw dust session. I wonder where gorrilla and woodworkersjournal got there idea?
Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I remember using that method on a workbench I was making some where in the late 70's early 80's so it it not new... however it may have been Nick's idea way back then as I have no idea where I got the idea from and I know I didn't think it up.... Perhaps an old Hands On???

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Actually what I wrote was a little tongue in cheek. I think when Nick demonstrated this method I believe Nick said that when he visited the Franklin Titebond factory they gave him this method.

I hadn't seen it before in 30 years of reading woodworking periodicals and such. So I just found it interesting that Nick would demonstrate this then a few weeks later it shows up in a Gorilla glue promo. Perhaps more people are viewing the Sawdust sessions than we think?
Ed
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

I might be a little miffed if Gorilla Glue didn't suck dead toads. The demo needs at least some worthwhile information to justify it's storage space on the web.

With all good wishes,
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

I tried to use Gorilla glue........once........it foamed up into a god awful mess. I threw the rest away. Never again.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

8iowa wrote:I tried to use Gorilla glue........once........it foamed up into a god awful mess. I threw the rest away. Never again.
They are talking about the new Gorilla glue. A basic yellow woodworkers glue. Said to compare to Tight bond 3.
drewa
Gold Member

Post by drewa »

I agree with Nick. We had built a derrick and used that stuff. It didn't even hold the scarf joints we used. If we would have hoist the 1600 lbs. that it was intended lift... well lets just say we didn't end up using that derrick and built another.

It is hard to believe that Gorilla glue "The toughest stuff on Earth" could get away with that slogan so misleading. I wouldn't trust another product from them.

"Burn me once... You don't get my money!"

Be good,

Drew
"When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way - before one began."

[INDENT][/INDENT]Friedrich Nietzsche