The Shopsmith Tool Fest

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

The Shopsmith Tool Fest

Post by dusty »

I wouldn't be able to attend because I am on a limited fix income budget but this still looked good to me. I'd think it might be a real attraction to some of the other members.

Sorry about the sacrilege but this was the easiest way I could explain it:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Roundup-Registration/

Note the legal disclaimers.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

dusty wrote:I wouldn't be able to attend because I am on a limited fix income budget but this still looked good to me. I'd think it might be a real attraction to some of the other members.

Sorry about the sacrilege but this was the easiest way I could explain it:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Roundup-Registration/

Note the legal disclaimers.
Dusty
While many woodworking products are marketed under the Ridgid name, most if not all are made overseas by another company that bought the rights to use the Ridgid name. The only thing that is made Ridgid and in the US is the plumbing and vaccum line. If you look at the activities list they are going to be demo'ing plumbing type stuff.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I was thinking of Shopsmith doing an annual woodworkers' roundup.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
solicitr
Gold Member

Post by solicitr »

While many woodworking products are marketed under the Ridgid name, most if not all are made overseas by another company that bought the rights to use the Ridgid name.
That's a shame. Ridgid tools used to be made by Emerson, who started the brand when Sears cast them off in favor of cheap Asian junk. Those old 50's-60's Emerson-made Craftsman tools were often first-rate, like the Series 100 tablesaws.
Bill
Richmond, Virginia
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

solicitr wrote:That's a shame. Ridgid tools used to be made by Emerson, who started the brand when Sears cast them off in favor of cheap Asian junk. Those old 50's-60's Emerson-made Craftsman tools were often first-rate, like the Series 100 tablesaws.
ImageMost tool companies have gone that route, heck, most manufacturing companies regardless if they make tools or not, have gone that way.:( ImageImage
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
guvnuh4
Gold Member

Hail Marys and Our Fathers

Post by guvnuh4 »

dusty wrote:Sorry about the sacrilege but this was the easiest way I could explain it
All is forgiven, but I expect two tenon joints and one hail shopsmith my child.

(I was searching for the right wording for this, but as I am not Catholic I had to try to get the information from my (at her own admittance) not very Catholic, Catholic-raised wife).