am I the only one with this problem

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ldh
Gold Member

Post by ldh »

Mac or PC, sort of like Ford or Chev, just what ever you started out with, now Shopsmith that's really different. Just kidding Bruce.
ldh
Gampa
Gold Member

Post by Gampa »

I stopped using IE years ago and started using Mozilla Firefox. It is not as vulnerable to viruses as IE and works as good as or better then IE. The only web site I can't use it on is Fine Woodworking. They insist on installing cookies and Mozilla will not let them. It is a free download. Just do a search to find web site.
Enjoy a little sawdust therapy

Walt
520, Joiner, band saw, Planer, Dust Collector, 6: Belt Sander, OPR, Scroll Saw
guvnuh4
Gold Member

Post by guvnuh4 »

http://www.getfirefox.com

As an IT admin, there are only a small handful of sites that I hit on a daily basis that cause problems, interestingly enough they are all somehow affiliated with Microsoft (SHOCK). Some sites end up not rendering in a coherent way, but the data is there.

Also, FF has a GREAT feature: addons (aka: extensions). I use 2 daily, one that allows me to do basically all of my browsing without my hand really leaving my mouse or using the navigation buttons (mouse gestures) and the other allows me to view pages using IE in FF (ietab), the bonus there is if I'm doing some research on MS's Technet it is in the same browser window as the rest of my browsing (all done seamlessly, ex: I've done a google search for a problem with Exchange Mail server, I click the link to the MS website and immediately that window changes to IE and renders that page properly. I read what I need, hit back and I'm back to the google page in FF).
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Gampa.

You can allow FF to acceptcookies from Fine Woodworking. Go to TOOLS, OPTIONS, PRIVACY. In the cookies area, click on the exceptios button, then paste the URL in there, then allow them.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
alancooke
Gold Member

Post by alancooke »

Bill,

I've experienced your same problem many times in the past but not recently. Actually, strangely enough, my computer has suddenly started performing much faster than it had been for a long time. I thought my son-in-law (IT manager for Honda S.C.) had upgraded my memory and cleaned up my system per my request. Turns out though, he hasn't touched it yet! Don't know what made the difference suddenly, but I'm not complaining and don't have the time or desire to investigate it.
If you get a definite answer to your problem, be sure and post it here. Good Luck!
Alan

'Baking The World A Better Place' :)