Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Post by JPG »

The purpose of this thread is to call attention to SS items for sale elsewhere, not to initiate them here.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

If you are really into Magna memorabilia this might be a deal for you. It's a Greenie with a jigsaw, and loaded with accessories in Magna boxes. I'm not sure if the mortising tools are Magna though but there are a number of pieces I can't identify, maybe molder cutters that are in Magna boxes. At $400 it may not be worth it but maybe they can be talked down or are willing to sell the parts separately.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/d/ ... 83557.html
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

A nice collection of Magna/Shopsmith items. The only thing I see in the pictures that is not a Magna/Shopsmith brand is the Flexible Shaft. The Mortising attachments both look like Magna/Shopsmith items, one a Grennie and the other painted gray either from before the Mark 5 (Model 10 era) or later right after the tools went to gray paint. The small boxes in pictures 7 & 8 are Moulding Knife Sets and go to the Moulder Head in the upper left corner of picture 7. The unit itself is an early "A" Headstock Mark 5 from 1954 or early 1955 having 8 screws holding on the Belt Cover. They changed to 6 screws holding the Belt Cover on around July 1955.

All those boxed accessories would make a nice addition to someone's collection.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
tcooper27
Silver Member

Post by tcooper27 »

Taking JPG's direction and posting a link to my sale. It's not a "steal" but I'm open to offers and motivated to free up space.

https://reno.craigslist.org/tls/d/reno- ... 37920.html
AEA
Gold Member

Post by AEA »

Hmmm....Seems to me that that is the opposite of what JPG was saying.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

tcooper27 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:44 pm Taking JPG's direction and posting a link to my sale. It's not a "steal" but I'm open to offers and motivated to free up space.

https://reno.craigslist.org/tls/d/reno- ... 37920.html
JPG's direction wasn't perfectly clear, the idea was to post ads for items on sale elsewhere, and not by you. The first post in this long thread states:
"To be blunt, all posts must not be of anything the poster has a financial interest in."

Your machine looks very clean, but you'll just have to generate business elsewhere. Maybe some other forum member in your area will see the ad and post it here appropriately.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Now here's a steal if it's running well, a 510 for $300: https://providence.craigslist.org/tls/d ... 00112.html

Can't tell if there's a full set of accessories but if you already have a machine then you have what you need, and it's still a fantastic price. I am highly tempted to go get this thing. You probably can't get a 510 table upgrade for $300 much less a whole machine to go with it.
Ed from Rhode Island

AEA
Gold Member

Post by AEA »

I would certainly be tempted if it weren't for the 5600 mile round trip. :D
AEA
Gold Member

Post by AEA »

This isn't a super deal but its still a real good deal in my opinion especially for my neck of the woods (or sagebrush). Only about 5 1/2 hours from me for a nice clean looking 520. https://reno.craigslist.org/tls/d/reno- ... 37920.html.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

AEA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:27 pm I would certainly be tempted if it weren't for the 5600 mile round trip. :D
Less than 100 miles for me and temptation got the better of me. Picked it up this afternoon, made in 1988, excellent condition. Lots of sawdust on it, but that was from his other machines. He didn't use it much (not at all I think), he bought it a year ago from someone else for $300 and was happy to get his money back.
Ed from Rhode Island