Ed Reible

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Ed Reible

Post by a1gutterman »

The Knight Of The Shopsmith has left us. Image I noticed this morning that his avatar was gone. Image His last post was #15 of this thread: http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1494&page=2 (edit; this post was part of a thread that has been removed-this link no longer works)
He has been visiting the site for quite a while now in "hidden" mode, and he could continue to do so; however, his new signature indicates that he is no longer an active member of this forum.

I will miss him and wish him well.Image Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
termite06
Gold Member

Post by termite06 »

best wishes to Ed & he will be missed.:(
i have followed a few of his threads.
Matt
SS 520, bandsaw, jointer, dust collector, lathe duplicator, router chuck, drum sanders
Chesapeake, VA

Post by mtobey »

If I caused this, I will exit so that Ed may return in comfort. His contributions here are substantial-mine inconsequential. So that you may have him back, I will accept responsibility . I am truly sorry for my unkind statements. JET
1983 Mark V- beltsander, jigsaw, Stripsander,jointer, bandsaw-double carriage and tables with molders and drums, Over Arm Pin Routers(Freestanding x 2)Second Mark V.:D
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

mtobey wrote:If I caused this, I will exit so that Ed may return in comfort. His contributions here are substantial-mine inconsequential. So that you may have him back, I will accept responsibility . I am truly sorry for my unkind statements. JET
Don't be in a rush, MT; he has been doing some talking about leaving before. I do not know why he is gone, but I do not believe it is any one person's fault.
Tim

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Go back twelve months and read ed's many comments. You will find that he is a very intelligent individual with a wealth of information and knowledge that we all miss. But you will also find that he has not been totally content with the forum. No one person has caused ed to pull out.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Regarding what I said before:
a1gutterman wrote:.......he has been doing some talking about leaving before............
and what Dusty said:
dusty wrote:Go back twelve months and read ed's many comments. You will find that he is a very intelligent individual with a wealth of information and knowledge that we all miss. But you will also find that he has not been totally content with the forum. No one person has caused ed to pull out.
One thing that Ed expressed about this site can be found in post #10 of this thread: http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1089 .

I also remember him talking about forums getting too crowded and leaving them before because of that. We may never know his reason for....abandoning is a pretty strong word, but it fits, so, ....for abandoning us. I really enjoyed all of Ed Reible's posts, his help, his humor and his illustrations. He was an important contributor.
Tim

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

I will miss Ed tremendously!!:( Lately he has been chomping at the bit for the weather to warm up so he could get back into his shop! I will hope and pray that he has not gotten sick or hurt!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Post by curiousgeorge »

I am a member of another forum in which Ed Reible was a member for a number of years. As with this forum he was a prolific and well liked contributor. All of a sudden he just went through every one of his posts and whited them out so they were next to impossible to read (Don't ask me how) and quit the forum. Believe me, there were a ton of posts. To this day no one knows why. There was speculation that he just got PO'd at someone or something, but we never really knew. I guess only Ed will ever know the reason for quitting here and the other forum... that is unless he decides to tell someone.
I hope you find what you are looking for Ed and good luck where ever you wind up.
George
Ft. Worth, TX.
Go TCU Froggies
eldyfig
Gold Member

Post by eldyfig »

I also wish him well. His knowledge served me well. I especially enjoyed his woodworking photos on flickr. Wish I had made a link to his page. I think I may have it in a PM.
Tony
Folkston, GA
Cool Customz
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

curiousgeorge wrote:I am a member of another forum in which Ed Reible was a member for a number of years. As with this forum he was a prolific and well liked contributor. All of a sudden he just went through every one of his posts and whited them out so they were next to impossible to read (Don't ask me how) and quit the forum. Believe me, there were a ton of posts. To this day no one knows why. There was speculation that he just got PO'd at someone or something, but we never really knew. I guess only Ed will ever know the reason for quitting here and the other forum... that is unless he decides to tell someone.
I hope you find what you are looking for Ed and good luck where ever you wind up.
Hi George,
I was just at the routerforums.com site and saw that most of his posts are whited out, but not all of them. In fact, he directed us to that site on one of his posts here, to one that he did not white out (that is the only reason that I know about it). I noticed that he left that site at about the same time he joined this SS site. Also, I checked at the SSUG site, and discovered that his last post there was 4 days ago. Maybe he is still posting there.

BTW, he just changed the color of his font to white. With the white background that routerforums.com uses, it blends right in.
Tim