I didn't know what a Shopsmith was...
Three days later I owned one...
One week later I was rebuilding one...
Four months later I owned two....
Ok Ok, I'm up to four now...
kablerj
Gold Member

Post by kablerj »

The science of this product makes sense. We have argon here for welding. I suppose that will work as well.
Hello from Somerset in the beautiful Pennsylvania Laurel Highlands.

Mark 7, Mark VII, Mark V 520, Mark V 510 x 2, Mark V 500
SPT's - Band Saw, Jig Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, strip sander, Oscillating Sander, Speed Increaser
SS Freestanding - Pro Planer, Scroll Saw, Overarm Pin Router, Power Station, DC3000 x 2
Made for SS - Incra iBox, Ring Master

"Honest dear, I can quit any time I want."
WmZiggy
Gold Member

Post by WmZiggy »

Yes it works.

Another alternative is to add any inert material such as glass beads, stones or pebbles to the can raising the level of the paint/finish and removing as much air as possible. Sometimes I have used wide mouth Ball/Kerr jars filling them up to the top and sealing with their lids. They come in a variety of sizes and are cheap. Keeping air out is especially important with Tung, Linseed and other oil finishes.
WmZiggy
williamz@aol.com

"... and it was after long searching that I found the carpenter's chest, which was indeed a very useful prize to me, and much more valuable than a ship loading of gold." Daniel Defoe, Robinson Crusoe, 1719
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

Depends on the finishing material, some are evaperitive, exp, shellac, lacquer, so would not make a difference on them.
Good product to slow down poly, since that is a chemical process. I will not buy General Finishes Oil based Poly anymore, It has a very short shelf life once opened.
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

It works pretty good on wine too!!!:D
Bill V