Forum suggestion

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ldh
Gold Member

Post by ldh »

Nick,
Shopsmith certainly knew what they were doing when they put you to work. I have most of your books, but signed copies would be great to have.
LONG LIVE SHOPSMITH.....
ldh
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

I have to get busy!
I have some catching up to do in my sun room-shop.:D
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

charlese wrote:Sounds like a great project, Nick - cant wait for the details! - and to understand]
Uhh Chuck,
He means a book, you know, it has pages, and he wrote it.:D

See post 4 of this thread, oh never mind, just look here:
Nick wrote:"What I think would be helpful is a section that highlights projects built using the Mark V and its accessories...What do you build that shows off the capabilities/features of the Mark V?"

Yes, section like that would be nice but it's a little harder to get going than what you might imagine. I asked for contributors almost a year ago to send pics for a section like this on the Academy web site and got exactly one response. And the person who responded didn't even bother to send his pics]Shopsmith has a reasonably large supply of my books that it no longer offers for sale, and we have been toying with the idea of offering a FREE book, your choice and signed by the author[/color], for one set of pictures showing a single project that's been built at least partly using Shopsmith equipment. Perhaps that would shake a few photos loose, but I just haven't had time to get the program together.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Thanks, Tim! When I miss one, it's usually a dandy!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
Greenvilleguy
Gold Member

Post by Greenvilleguy »

Nick,

Count me in. I love to show off my projects. I would be hard to round them all up, but some have actually stayed "home".
Doug
Greenville, SC
timster68
Gold Member

Post by timster68 »

[quote="Nick"]"What I think would be helpful is a section that highlights projects built using the Mark V and its accessories...What do you build that shows off the capabilities/features of the Mark V?"

Yes, section like that would be nice but it's a little harder to get going than what you might imagine. I asked for contributors almost a year ago to send pics for a section like this on the Academy web site and got exactly one response. And the person who responded didn't even bother to send his pics]

Not trying to jump the gun, but would this included painted projects as well as 'stained/finished' projects? I'm just about to finish my 1st bookcase using the SS but I'm painting it white, at least initially until my 3 year old adds the pink and purple she wants. I made the cove molding on the SS and although not perfect, not bad for a first attempt.