Doc's Photo Test

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Doc's Photo Test

Post by dusty »

This is a photo we have been having difficulty posting. Now it is posted but I can not explain exactly what I did.

Doc - continue to be patient with me. We'll figure this out.

edit: The problem seems only to be that the photos are too large for the formum. They are in the correct format (.jpg). As received they were 1600 x 1200 pixels. They cannot be greater than 800x600. I resized them and they resized to 800x601. I resized them again to 799x600 and they are good. Doc, which photo editor do you have on your computer. All we need to do now is make certain that you have a photo editor that will allow you to resize.

Or, maybe you can take your photos at a lower resolution setting on your camera. My camera has three settings. If I use the lowest resolution setting the photos come out 800x600. The other two necessitate that I resize if I am going to put them on the forum. I take all shop photos at the lower resolution setting.

Email me if you have questions
Attachments
1624.jpg
1624.jpg (316.14 KiB) Viewed 6665 times
IMG_1625.JPG
IMG_1625.JPG (305.69 KiB) Viewed 6659 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

Nice looking stack of materials behind the Mighty Shopsmith!;)
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
RobertTaylor
Platinum Member

Post by RobertTaylor »

for anyone wanting to post pictures there is a tool available from microsoft so that when you right click on a picture you will have an option to resize your pictures. it is free and can be found by doing a search (google or yahoo) for "microsoft power toys for windows" there are other that i have no idea exactly what they are or do but i sure like the resizing picture tool. i think it should be a standard part of windows, bob

hope this link can help get inerested parties to their site

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx
Bob
1954 greenie, 1963 anniversary edition now a mini,
1984 500, 1985 510, 1987 510, pro-planer, bandsaw, dust collector
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I thought the resize toy might be just what I need and it might be but, there's always a butt, it is for Windows XP.

I still running Windows 2000 Professional. I'm out of luck.

edit: Most of the power toys ase for XP or Vista.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Post by curiousgeorge »

Dusty,
Check this one out: http://www.majorgeeks.com/adionSoft_Fas ... d5557.html

It's a small, free, download and is supposed to be just for resizing. I have never used it but, this might be what you need.
George
Ft. Worth, TX.
Go TCU Froggies