Positive proof of Global Warming .....

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

beeg wrote:"CLIMATE CHANGE". Who can say it's not a 100000 year cylindrical event.:eek:
Oh I think it might 'correct' in another 100000 years assuming we humans become extinct soon enough.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

beeg wrote:"CLIMATE CHANGE". Who can say it's not a 100000 year cylindrical event.:eek:
Right on!!! Like I said - until the temp at the poles cool down again.

WoW! We are making a big thing about a little cartoon joke!:eek:
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

charlese wrote:Right on!!! Like I said - until the temp at the poles cool down again.

An 8 yr old one?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Sorry to get all political and $**+ here, but we're arguing about 2 or 3 degrees (or so) in 15 (or so) years. Can anyone not say that that is within the natural fluctuations? (Can you back that up?)

And, (here is where I get political) has anyone bothered to look at Al Gore's (he's only grossed about 1 BILLION on "global Warming") personal Co2 "footprint?" And compared it to (let's just say) GW Bush's Co2 footprint? (GWB has only profited about ONE BILLION LESS!)

AlGore, Nobel! Oscar! Emmy! Day Time Emmy! Tony! Clio! (OK, I'm making stuff here, but you get my drift.) GWB, cheap electrical (and gas) bills!

I'm just sayin,' "follow the money!" AlGore seems to be raking it in, as well as raking in the limelight. GWB is just being nice to troops.

Or, prove me wrong!

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

Where I live in Minnesota, it was covered with a glacier a mile thick 10,000 years ago. Was it global warming (or climate change) that caused the glaciers to melt? I guess you could call it that. It was not caused by man. These cycles are natural and have been occurring since time began. I do however favor moderate and sensible attempts to develop and implement technologies that curtail greenhouse gasses in the name of clean air.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

robinson46176 wrote:
No thanks, I'll get my science advice from the real scientist who have carefully studied this stuff everyday for many years. Not someone standing in their back yard holding a thermometer.

Just remember that your so called "real scientists" already have been caught falsifying their numbers to prove their scam. Continue to believe their lies if you choose.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

charlese wrote:Right on!!! Like I said - until the temp at the poles cool down again.

This is an example of what would not be allowed if I was the forum cop! The cartoon was cute but from there it all becomes political. Why were Al Core and GWBush drug in.

Yes, there is climate change. It happens on an irregular schedule every year.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
WmZiggy
Gold Member

Post by WmZiggy »

Last time I looked it was the "Community" thread where people can express themselves, funny and serious. I threw in the article concerning NASA and global cooling that I had just read and that pulled the thread from joke to serious and it became a mixture of both. What do they say, all comedy has an element of truth to be funny. If I broke a rule I apologize.
WmZiggy
williamz@aol.com

"... and it was after long searching that I found the carpenter's chest, which was indeed a very useful prize to me, and much more valuable than a ship loading of gold." Daniel Defoe, Robinson Crusoe, 1719
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

WmZiggy wrote:Last time I looked it was the "Community" thread where people can express themselves, funny and serious. I threw in the article concerning NASA and global cooling that I had just read and that pulled the thread from joke to serious and it became a mixture of both. What do they say, all comedy has an element of truth to be funny. If I broke a rule I apologize.

What rule? As you said, community and it WAS on topic.

Now if the ozone 'layer' depletion (hole over the pole) is the cause of some of this, why are we not making more ozone to replace it. And planting more trees to soak up all that excess CO2.

There is abstinence(carbon emissions limits) and there are compensatory actions. I vote for both.

Any 'scientist' who falsifies data is no scientist but something far less honorable. Seems since 'they' learned statistical 'analysis' they think extrapolation is fact. Maybe, but an educated guess never the less. We need to separate the guesses from observation. Neither is absolutely conclusive, but with observation, only our conclusions contaminate our perception, not our predictions.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

...and an amusing joke turns, yet again, into diatribe.