The suspense is killing me

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

cincinnati wrote:Sander was received on the Shopsmith dock today at 9:30am:( Have to hold off till they check it over and send out on Monday or Tuesday.
Wow that sounds like somebody oops it and Fed ex sent it back to the sender for damage evalution. My bet is SS will be sending you another sander shortly.
Ed
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

dps1890 wrote:Now You Know Why Fed X And Ups Merge It Will Be Called Fedup:
Or maybe Fed-Ups.Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

THE SANDER HAS LANDED.

As promised by Gail at Shopsmith my Sander arrived Today. Talked to her on the Phone Saturday and said she saw the Sander sitting on the stack going out Friday. Now how many places can you talk to customer service rep on the phone and they go see if it's on the the outgoing stack? That also means they received the sander Friday morning and shipped it back out that afternoon.

Shopsmith was so good they even shipped out my sander the day BEFORE it was made LOL!!!!!! I'm guessing what happened I received another sander other than the first one shipped.
Sure glad I ordered before the April price increase. It went down another $40 with the sanding sale. LOL!!! I received free shipping so Im even. I am happy again.

I have a couple of questions but will start a new thread.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

cincinnati wrote:THE SANDER HAS LANDED.

As promised by Gail at Shopsmith my Sander arrived Today. Talked to her on the Phone Saturday and said she saw the Sander sitting on the stack going out Friday. Now how many places can you talk to customer service rep on the phone and they go see if it's on the the outgoing stack? That also means they received the sander Friday morning and shipped it back out that afternoon.

Shopsmith was so good they even shipped out my sander the day BEFORE it was made LOL!!!!!! I'm guessing what happened I received another sander other than the first one shipped.

I have a couple of questions but will start a new thread.
Just an update to my update. Just noticed Nick sent me a Private message. He took the time to go to shipping today to make sure my sander was sent out. THANKS!!!!!
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Thanks to Nick

Post by wlhayesmfs »

As more than one person has said, Putting Nick with SS has been a great addition. OK, so Drew is not bad either. I really enjoy the sawdust sessions and am learning a lot in a short time.
This just goes to show that Nick is there to help all of us and this is making us a close family of woodworkers.
Thanks
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Bill,
The two of them make me think of the Tim the toolman show that used to be on TV. Nick being Tim and Drew being Al. I loved that show and I love Sawdust Sessions. I saw Cox able truck the other day it looks like cable is now about 1 mile away. Some day I'll get hi speed internet.
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

wlhayesmfs wrote:As more than one person has said, Putting Nick with SS has been a great addition. OK, so Drew is not bad either. I really enjoy the sawdust sessions and am learning a lot in a short time.
This just goes to show that Nick is there to help all of us and this is making us a close family of woodworkers.
Thanks
Big ole +1.
Nick, Drew, and Rick!
Between the archived Sawdust Sessions, The Shopsmith Journals, and the advice that they give on the forum, there isn't a better education system in place.
As a SS newbie I appreciate the time they put into answering questions on the forum.
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D