Dear Admin: Links Not Opening New Tabs

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

Dear Admin: Links Not Opening New Tabs

Post by algale »

Dear Admin,

In the past, hyperlinks in threads would open in new tabs. Now, using Shopsmith1 format, I find if I clink on a link in a thread, I leave the forum entirely. I know you are working on a million things, but please see about this one when you get a chance!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Al
heathicus
Platinum Member

Re: Dear Admin: Links Not Opening New Tabs

Post by heathicus »

You can force it to open in a new tab/window by right clicking the link and choosing that option, or by holding the Ctrl key for a new tab or Shift key for a new window while clicking the link.
Heath
Central Louisiana
-10ER - SN 13927, Born 1949, Acquired October 2008, Restored November, 2008
-10ER - SN 35630, Born 1950, Acquired April 2009, Restored May 2009, A34 Jigsaw
-Mark V - SN 212052, Born 1986, Acquired Sept 2009, Restored March 2010, Bandsaw
-10ER - SN 39722, Born 1950, Acquired March 2011, awaiting restoration
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

If you mouse has one, clicking the scroll wheel will open the link in a new tab also.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
Jack Wilson
Gold Member

Post by Jack Wilson »

If you are using a Mac it is the 'command' key instead of 'control' key,
SS Mark 7 PowerPro, 2 SS Bandsaws, SS Belt Sander, SS Jigsaw, 13" Steel City Lunch Box Planer, SS Jointer, Jet 22-44 Drum Sander
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

algale wrote:Dear Admin,

In the past, hyperlinks in threads would open in new tabs. Now, using Shopsmith1 format, I find if I clink on a link in a thread, I leave the forum entirely. I know you are working on a million things, but please see about this one when you get a chance!

Al
When you click on the this hyperlink http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... rpener.htm does it work for you the way you expect? If not, please explain further as I thought this was the way they always worked.

PS: I just noticed that you do not utilize a Signature. Is there any special reason why not? I would have never noticed this except that I just left a thread regarding Signatures and this caught my eye. I also notice that many of the other posters do the same as you.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

In the old version, the link opened in a new tab. That IIRC is an option specified either in the browser or the forum or both(?).

Actually currently shopsmith1 does NOT dump one off the forum.

Clicking on the back arrow will return thee back. In the old version, clicking the x on the tab did the same thing.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

algale wrote:Dear Admin,

Al
This should be fixed now in the shopsmith1 style.
Shopsmith I.T.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Yup! Thanks, Admin!