shop pics

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

papahammer8
Gold Member

shop pics

Post by papahammer8 »

[ATTACH]1183[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1184[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1185[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1186[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1187[/ATTACH]got a chance today to take a few pics.shop is still being worked on. where i'm at is, work bench under bench drawers. we all know that there is never enough storage, chose to put all my drawers under the work bench. in the center of my work bench i dropped the table just enough so my miter saw could be level with the bench on each end of the bench there is a small door to allow long stock to be cut. just open small door slide in stock . have seen an idea that will allow a bench wise to be attached to my bench using my pipe clamps. can't remember the post that showed me how, but will work nicely.the back wall above the bench i will put up peg board 3' feet high and the lenght between my 2 upper cabinets.[ATTACH]1183[/ATTACH]. next project will be the shelves and cabinet doors. have the ss shaper and molders. have cabinet door style and rail cutters. still get a chuckle reading the post when folks first crank up the ss to speed to rout or shaper it is intimidating have gotten used to it, just take all the safety precaution first. now a couple more pics and i will say be safe out there remember safety first, enjoy ur mk v to the fullest
jim bandy lafayette alabama 79 model 500 /80 model 500/94model 510 mini/ planer/dc3300/bandsaw/jointer/ lathe duplicator/ router table with a porter cablerouter.
dusty
Platinum Member

shop pics

Post by dusty »

Nice shop, jim. Even as a work in progress, it goods fantastic and so well organized.

Storage, storage, every where there is storage.

In the storage bins I see a lot of small pieces. Are these well sorted cutoffs (scrap) or are these precut parts for work in progress?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
papahammer8
Gold Member

shop pics

Post by papahammer8 »

dusty they r all the drawer pieces, i like to cut all the parts first, as i assemble them i adjust to fit. i have been carpenter last 35 yrs . have framed houses many years now. organization is a must . i totally plan ahead. and by the way havent counted the drawers . there r 35 of them . wow no wonder i have taken so long to finish them.
jim bandy lafayette alabama 79 model 500 /80 model 500/94model 510 mini/ planer/dc3300/bandsaw/jointer/ lathe duplicator/ router table with a porter cablerouter.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Nice shop, Papa! Also nice Photos! What size is your shop? Another question. What is a bench wise?
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
papahammer8
Gold Member

shop pics

Post by papahammer8 »

chuck shop is a 16'x16' foot, on the back side added 3'x 8' addition for a restroom and addiitional storage under the stairs.i found a bench vice on an earlier post. the post took me to another add-on where they showed a vice made with their pipe clamps .
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Nice shop papahammer8! Image Looks like there is plenty of room for a few more SPT's!Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
papahammer8
Gold Member

shop pics

Post by papahammer8 »

tim thats is what the wife is skeered of.
Len
Gold Member

Post by Len »

OOWe, that is a pretty place! I guess You Tube is going to have to be visited again. Soon I hope!
Anniversary Model 505 to 520 Up grade, with Band saw, Jointer, Strip & Belt Sander, and a catalog of wishes.