ULTIMATE Fence/Router System Package

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

timster68
Gold Member

Post by timster68 »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Timster68 or Scottss
Can either of you confirm that Tim (A1gutterman) is right that the problems with long boards that James mention is in fact the necessity of holding them vertical?

If so Scott can you tell us how that changes with the Jointech?
Ed

There's a 10 inch right angle fixture that woodpeck sells:

http://www.woodpeck.com/accessories.html
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

Timster, I'm looking at the description in a copy of the 06 SS accessory catalog and it list the router table as #555995, which would be the same table that uses the woodhaven mounting plate.
The description states that the several inserts and complete with instructions and mounting hole diagrams 37 popular router motors.
I'm not sure which motors those would be but I bet that technical support would know or a member with the Two-Piece Pro Fence Router Table System.
I Hope that helps.
John
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
timster68
Gold Member

Post by timster68 »

pinkiewerewolf wrote:Timster, I'm looking at the description in a copy of the 06 SS accessory catalog and it list the router table as #555995, which would be the same table that uses the woodhaven mounting plate.
The description states that the several inserts and complete with instructions and mounting hole diagrams 37 popular router motors.
I'm not sure which motors those would be but I bet that technical support would know or a member with the Two-Piece Pro Fence Router Table System.
I Hope that helps.
John
That has to be it, when I put 521962 in the item # search I get this:

The following is an alternate for the item you searched for
555995 Router Table

Price $230.99

The 521962 I got is from:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... rtable.htm

which scrolling down has this listed:
Router Table
Price 230.99
Status: Item may be on BACK-ORDER, or is made upon ordering.

So it looks as though 521962 and 555995 are the same thing. Shopsmith is playing around with different part numbers for the same item.

I hope they get this straightened out on their backend. Looks like they need to purge some of their out-of-data data.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Hi Timster! - These are the same part - and exactly at the same price. I'll wager here's what's going on;

One of the tables is sold as a 'replacement part' and is shelved separately. The other is sold as part of the Ultimate fence/ router system package and is warehoused and packaged as part of the package.

I'm guessing this is done to be able to inventory the "package" separately form the "replacement parts". It wouldn't help them too much to know how many router tables they had in stock if they would have to break down the "router packages" to get one. Then they'd have to fix their package inventory!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

chiroindixon wrote:..............Just a thought....Most of my others seem get lost here....

Doc
Hi Doc,
Isn't that the case with all of our thoughts? Here today, gone tomorrow!:D
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
timster68
Gold Member

Post by timster68 »

[quote="charlese"]Hi Timster! - These are the same part - and exactly at the same price. I'll wager here's what's going on]

That makes a lot of sense.