Going to the Gaithersburg,MD Mark 7 Demo

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

Going to the Gaithersburg,MD Mark 7 Demo

Post by algale »

I'm planning on going to the Gaithersburg, MD demo on Saturday. If any other forum members are planning on going and want to meet up, let me know.

Al
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

kablerj
Gold Member

Re: Going to the Gaithersburg,MD Mark 7 Demo

Post by kablerj »

I just might be there Al. I can let you know for sure on Friday. What time do you plan to be there on Saturday?
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

I'm undecided and flexible at the moment.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Well, I made it to the demo yesterday (after taking into account expected bad weather today), where I met demonstrator Andrew Groossman.

Andrew is an engaging guy but he didn't get much of an audience while I was there. When I arrived he was demonstrating to one fellow who was considering upgrading his 500. In the entire 2 hours I was there I saw only that one gentlemen (who left without buying) and another man who stopped by just long enough to ask whether it could cut anything other than white wood.

I was sorely tempted to buy the PP headstock and double tilt but it just is not in the budget right now. Maybe in a year or two it will be.

At the end of the day, Andrew was debating leaving yesterday to avoid the imminent bad weather. So he may not be there today (Saturday).

paulrussell
Platinum Member

Post by paulrussell »

I had a similar situation a year ago, and this year I returned to buy the PowerPro. I don't think I'd have the stamina to be a traveling salesman.

Holy Cow! I just turned platinum. Must be my hair!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

paulrussell wrote:I had a similar situation a year ago, and this year I returned to buy the PowerPro. I don't think I'd have the stamina to be a traveling salesman.

Holy Cow! I just turned platinum. Must be my hair!
Frog's hair? :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange