Kreg Bandsaw system upgrade

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Kreg Bandsaw system upgrade

Post by ryanbp01 »

I have been thinking about upgrading the bandsaw with the Kreg system. If you have already done so, I would like to know if you are happy with it and would recommend it.
BPR
algale
Platinum Member

Re: Kreg Bandsaw system upgrade

Post by algale »

I have the Kreg band saw fence and the micro adjuster. I am happy with it. That said, I have not had any other band saw fence to compare it to.
Last edited by algale on Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

claimdude
Gold Member

Post by claimdude »

I just finished upgrading my bandsaw with the Carter bearings and the Kreg fence. I having had much opportunity to use it aside from initial testing but I am very happy with the fit/finish/noise level.

Jack
kablerj
Gold Member

Post by kablerj »

I just purchased the Kreg Fence. So we'll see.
Mike907
Platinum Member

Post by Mike907 »

One nice thing about the Kreg fence, is that it is the same as the miter gauge extension -
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/item ... =Find+Item.

You won't have the flip stop, but that can be ordered separately.

I learned that the fence and extension are the same part the expensive way, but at least I can save the twelve seconds it takes to swap from the fence to the miter gauge.

Mike
benush26
Platinum Member

Post by benush26 »

I have the Kreg fence on my SS re-saw band saw. It is solid and heavy duty. The micro adjust is very nice. Thinking I would save money, I bought the micro adjuster and shorter resaw guide through Amazon only to find that the guide did not nicely attach to the fence (it was designed to fit the Kreg fence and not SS's- go figure! :eek: ). I ended up drilling it, so it would have been wiser to buy it from SS.

I spent a fair bit of time shimming the back support to the appropriate height, however I was very lucky to have some thin shims from an INCRA left overs bag.

I bought the Carter guides a couple months back but have not installed them. When complete I am expecting superior results! :D

Be well,
Ben