The EBay three stars

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

The EBay three stars

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

Has anyone bid on items on EBay much and noticed the three star bidders? Usually it is a varible bookending three stars like this P***W. (Used my nickname initials)
These buyers seem to snatch alot of stuff up making it next to impossible to get bandsaw blades and other out of production pieces on EBay.
Are they auction experts with side businesses or is this some kind of security thing using the three stars that I'm not aware of?
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

pinkiewerewolf wrote:Has anyone bid on items on EBay much and noticed the three star bidders? Usually it is a variable bookending three stars like this P***W. (Used my nickname initials)
These buyers seem to snatch allot of stuff up making it next to impossible to get bandsaw blades and other out of production pieces on EBay.
Are they auction experts with side businesses or is this some kind of security thing using the three stars that I'm not aware of?

It used to be only on high ticket items that bidders were anonymous but starting about one month ago eBay started making more bidders anonymous. They only show the first and last initial and three stars in the middle, I don't think this is in place for 100% of the actions yet but it will be soon.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

Thanks Paul. Although I've used Ebay for years, it is very infrequent use. I need to check out the policies again.
Oh, and I meant to type Jigsaw blades in my earlier post, sorry.
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

pinkiewerewolf wrote:Thanks Paul. Although I've used Ebay for years, it is very infrequent use. I need to check out the policies again.
Oh, and I meant to type Jigsaw blades in my earlier post, sorry.

My wife sells Jewelry on eBay so I just asked her, eBay sent out an email about a month ago with the change in policy.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
bigmoe
Gold Member

Post by bigmoe »

pinkiewerewolf there is a SS Jigsaw on ebay right now with quite a few blades. After the bidding is over, you and send a message to the winning bidder. The bidder's user name will appear when the bidding is over.:)
1955 Mark V ShopSmith greenie New to me :) Magna Band saw, Magna Jointer, Magna Jigsaw (Restoration in progress) Barracuda Wood Lathe Key Chuck System, Woodmaster Multi-tool (ShopSmith Clone)
When all else fails fallow directions.:)