What is "hook & loop disk"?

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tomlaw
Bronze Member

What is "hook & loop disk"?

Post by tomlaw »

I read a reference to "hook and loop disk" from "berry 11/21/06". As I am interested in new tools and procedures I would like to know what it is. Appreciate any info. Thanks!
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

tomlaw wrote:I read a reference to "hook and loop disk" from "berry 11/21/06". As I am interested in new tools and procedures I would like to know what it is. Appreciate any info. Thanks!
Tom
Hook and Loop is basically velco type fastener. You have probably seen it where you can press two things together and they stick until you forceably pull them apart.

One side is kind of a fuzzy material and the other is tiny plastic j type hooks.
The little hooks get stuck in the fuzzy material and hold until you apply enough force to straighten the hook out.

It works real well to hold sanding disks to sanders since you can chance the paper and reuse it. Also the material has a little give so there is a little less heat and a slight slight rounding effect.

Hope I explained it well enough
Ed
tomlaw
Bronze Member

Hook & loop.

Post by tomlaw »

Thanks Ed. My only excuse is I hadn't yet had my morning cup of coffee while reading the forum. It's still a great web site!
Tom L