Table Swap

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

easterngray
Platinum Member

Table Swap

Post by easterngray »

Since Shopsmith no longer sells tables for the model 500, I thought I would post this here without worry - If I am wrong - please delete this post and accept my apologies!

My table is the old 500 style with two blade cut-outs - one in the removable insert and one to the left of it in the table itself. Neither the front table extension nor the universal hold down clamp properly to the table - the edges are just not compatible.

If there is someone out there that is interested in one of these older tables I would like to swap it for a regular model 500 table. I do not need the trunnion assembly - just the table top. I would also be interested in buying a table top if no one is interested in swapping. Thanks and best wishes to all you Shopsmithers out there! Alec
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's
brown_hawk
Gold Member

Post by brown_hawk »

easterngray wrote:Since Shopsmith no longer sells tables for the model 500, I thought I would post this here without worry - If I am wrong - please delete this post and accept my apologies!

My table is the old 500 style with two blade cut-outs - one in the removable insert and one to the left of it in the table itself. Neither the front table extension nor the universal hold down clamp properly to the table - the edges are just not compatible.

If there is someone out there that is interested in one of these older tables I would like to swap it for a regular model 500 table. I do not need the trunnion assembly - just the table top. I would also be interested in buying a table top if no one is interested in swapping. Thanks and best wishes to all you Shopsmithers out there! Alec
You might try to find someone who has upgraded to a 510/20 table and has the old one laying around. When I did my upgrade, I gave mine to a friend who had that older type of table. I just checked to make sure, and it's gone.

Someone might also be selling one on EBay.

Good Luck,

Hawk
Dayton OH and loving it! :D (Except they closed the store.:( )
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

If the table from the 1964 Model 500 that Drew and I are going to rebuild and upgrade will work for you, you're welcome to it.

With all good wishes,
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Nick wrote:If the table from the 1964 Model 500 the Drew and I are going to rebuild and upgrade will work for you, you're welcome to it.

With all good wishes,
Wow! That is very nice of you Nick! I hope that it works for Alec.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
easterngray
Platinum Member

Great!

Post by easterngray »

Thanks Nick - that is great! I will send you a PM.
Just another example of the great SS community! :)
Alec
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's
scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

Say Nick you wouldn't happen to have an old opr laying around would you.:cool:
ha ha ha
Way to go Nick, it goes to show that this is one big happy family. .:)
ralphtaff
Gold Member

Post by ralphtaff »

wow i cant believe my eyes. oh well that is good of nick.Any body have any guts for a 53 ss that they want to get rid of. Would you believe the previous owners(two of them) left it unmaintained and it shows. Every shaft going thru the the headstock needs something repaired on it, and i mean every shaft. My transmission on the wifes car went out or almost out it is a 2000 jeep so you know where the money is going for the next 4 months. Meanwhile my Shopsmith is stripped down with parts laying around. It is not so bad but i worry that in 4 months i will forget what goes where.
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Ralph, come to the "Owner's Weekend" in July. We'll be having a swap meet for the participating owners. Maybe you can find what you need.

With all good wishes,